Mold on the foot

A few months back, I noticed some mold on the door of some of my cigars. I took them, dusted (rubbed) off the mold on the foot. Put them in a zip lock with a 65 Boveda.

Checked it today and there was a little mold growth coming back.

Now, I've seen some split opinions about this. Some say check them. Some say dust it off or cut the foot and smoke. But I've never seen pictures or anyone that checked. Maybe I didn't look that hard.

So, I decided to cut into it and see if I could see how bad it was.

Really couldn't see anything beyond the surface of the foot. Maybe I was missing it, but it really didn't seem that bad. Possibly, if you catch it soon enough then it's not pervasive throughout?

Either way, after cutting a good two inches off, I decided to smoke it anyway.

Attached some pics. b0c2b0521919c877714ac13879d2cdba.jpg9bc72a87361ed7b6f7d20d8694c57761.jpg73091767c79f8a252374c2716bf4cf2e.jpg4f1e3adc4cb3e1ccde67063bfa6232eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

And now we've taken it too far!

Added the pic with the mold defined. This was one of 5 sticks with mold. So, I kept one in a separate bag to see how it continues to grow.

The rest, I clipped the foot and will observe to see how they develop. 0abc338c29f6610e4ebcbd5348b31cd5.jpg

19 minutes ago, mrmessy said:

And now we've taken it too far! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Added the pic with the mold defined. This was one of 5 sticks with mold. So, I kept one in a separate bag to see how it continues to grow.

The rest, I clipped the foot and will observe to see how they develop. 0abc338c29f6610e4ebcbd5348b31cd5.jpg

It's a quality picture of your in-focus thumb my man, but I'm actually curious to see the mold on the cigar. I've seen a light dusting on wrappers, and maybe a spec of white near the foot that brushed off, but I haven't seen green mold on a cigar before. I thought that chemically...or biochemically, as it were, that was considered exceptionally rare. Are you able to take a picture with the foot of the cigar better in focus instead of your thumb? :P  I'm just not seeing it from the pics.