WINNERS ANNOUNCED!! Thanksgiving 2019 Competition

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For my family, it always starts with the fall hunt together.  Quartering the venison.... My apologies to those of you who think meat comes in cellophane!  

Pre game 

My 12 year old son likes baking. Me, I’m a cook. Here is the beginning to thanksgiving morning made by my kid...breakfast cinnamon rolls ready for the oven after a night in the fridge. Just

Ah, Thanksgiving - such a glorious holiday. Both a celebration of gratefulness and a license to gorge ourselves on our favorite foods, drinks, desserts, and smokes. And all without fear of being judged a glutton, since any such judginess would violate the spirit of the day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Di and I will be in the US for thanksgiving 2020 and we are looking forward to it immensely!

Thinkin’ ahead!!!

It’s a big day for us.   I already repaired the rusted top of the cheap Masterbuilt smoker so I can bronze the bird starting very early Thursday am (if not Wednesday night).   Prep begins a few days before, and I love it!

55903D83-F967-4677-85F4-B9D2196AAF82.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Reuben said:

Living on the coast, a bit of seafood is usually on the table.......

A lobster bisque from scratch (including the most important part which is a great fish stock)!

procsimple-21(1).jpg

That stock already looks super fortified.  NICE!!

On 11/26/2019 at 6:23 PM, SenorPerfecto said:

(by the way, we Yanks skip lunch on T-day -- early dinner is the name of the game!)

I don't skip lunch, we eat a late lunch that never really subsides until about 7 pm.  It's a salute to being thankful coupled with a salute to morbid obesity.  Nothing more american than that.  

• Haha 1