Cigar Limits....Cuban Citizen to US

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another weird trip through for me on Monday. CBP- Where you coming from? Me- Havana  CBP- What do you have?  Me- Cigars and Rum CBP- How many cigars?  Me -180 CBP- O

Yeah, filling out paperwork is a pain in the ass for Customs guys, so the recent crackdown certainly does seem like orders from up top. To be fair, most non-cigar smokers would assume a guy with $4000

I was told by an old grumpy customs agent in Houston that the limit is 50 cigars. Luckily I only had 2 boxes in my carry on. Every single person on my flight from Havana got stopped and had their belo

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 10:03 PM, cbenham73 said:

Does anyone have experience coming through Fort Lauderdale?

I've come through FLL 3 times in the last three years from HAV.  I've never had issues. Two of the three times I didn't try much over the allowable limit and was with another person to help split up my haul.  The third time I had way more (see pic) but did not get checked and was by myself. I wouldn't try doing it again.  Wouldn't recommend getting more than you can ultimately be taxed on or afford to lose if they feel like confiscating upon entry into the US. 

Security in HAV is easy.  Just make sure you have all your Facturas from every box you purchased (including customs if you can get them) when going through security.  If they say that you need to go with them to another room to check the cigars, do not be alarmed.  They are matching everything up between the boxes/facturas.  Side note, if you plan on buying any of the nice Hotel Nacional marble ashtrays, don't put them in your carry-on.  I didn't think about it and did and had to bribe the bag scan guy to let me get it on the plane. Put it in your checked luggage and pay the weight fee.  

Hopefully this helps you a bit!  

IMG_6984.JPG

• Like 1
2 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

I've come through FLL 3 times in the last three years from HAV.  I've never had issues. Two of the three times I didn't try much over the allowable limit and was with another person to help split up my haul.  The third time I had way more (see pic) but did not get checked and was by myself. I wouldn't try doing it again.  Wouldn't recommend getting more than you can ultimately be taxed on or afford to lose if they feel like confiscating upon entry into the US. 

Security in HAV is easy.  Just make sure you have all your Facturas from every box you purchased (including customs if you can get them) when going through security.  If they say that you need to go with them to another room to check the cigars, do not be alarmed.  They are matching everything up between the boxes/facturas.  Side note, if you plan on buying any of the nice Hotel Nacional marble ashtrays, don't put them in your carry-on.  I didn't think about it and did and had to bribe the bag scan guy to let me get it on the plane. Put it in your checked luggage and pay the weight fee.  

Hopefully this helps you a bit!  

IMG_6984.JPG

Beautiful Haul!!!! Would you recommend FFL over MIA? Whats in the black box on the left? This is a huge haul? I live in the 305

• Like 1

Thanks brother! Black box on the left is a HDM Petit Belicosos.  I cant speak to MIA because I try and fly FLL international if I can (obviously depending on price and flight times) and have never flown back from HAV to MIA.  I live up in PB County so I go with FLL simply for proximity to my house.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...