FINAL REVEAL 2019 INTERNATIONAL BLIND TASTING

Hi everyone

Thank you for participating in this year’s 2019 FOH International Blind tasting, we hope you had as much fun as we did J

The Fourth and Fifth cigar is ............................ 

CIGAR 4 – MONTECRISTO NO 2 – BOP FEB 19

CIGAR 5 – COHIBA ROBUSTO – GOS FEB 19

We have three overall winner with 3 wins each and they are Dobbs, nsills and Prodigy 

To the winners receive a  $170 Gift voucher (USD/AUD) since it is a tie ( please contact Diana to redeem your Gift Voucher must be used within the month )

Until the next year and we start the fun all over again  ? 

Have a wonderful Christmas and a safe holiday break

Lisa

A $25 credit for any cigar you pick right to be used on a box (or sampler) purchase over $125 (USD/AUD) ( if you have picked two correctly please use the credit individually eg. NOT $50 OFF ONE PURCHASE ? ) from the carts or 24:24 stock. This must be used BY THE 20TH DECEMBER  the winners of that round being announced (prior to the next round of winners being announced). 

This will keep the admin process nice and easy...

BLIND TASTING 2019 FINAL .pdf

• Like 2

What a blast. Very humbling. I was pretty confident in what numbers 4 and 5 were not, and I was dead wrong. But it looks like many others made the same guesses I did. I'll be happy with 1 for 5 on my maiden voyage. 

• Like 2

Went 1/4 on #4 then threw myself off with #5 - completely forgot about coro as that's what I guessed (wrongly) for #2 so for some reason I mistakenly exposed it in my head! Thinking back the flavor profile was spot on

I have only been smoking CC for about 1 1/2 years and I am pretty impressed I went 2 out of 5.   I will say that Monte #2 is one of my favorite cigars and I hope to never get another example like #4 and that every Coro I smoke is exactly like #5. 

So odd I was certain #2 was the Coro and #5 tasted more like the D4 lol. Ah well I'm happy with 2 out of 5. Thanks for putting this on, was lots of fun! 

Well, #2 and #4 were two of the worst sticks I’ve ever smoked - tossed them after 15-20 minutes. Good to know they were Party Serie D4 and Monty 2, which had been perhaps my least favorite two sticks in the entire Habanos portfolio...yuck. Of course I didn’t guess either of them!

???

Well, I didn't get a damn one right.  But this was really fun and I feel like I learned a lot.  Thanks to FOH for putting it on, and congrats to the winners.  Looking forward to next year!

Wow! Thanks for this. I cant believe I guessed right 3 times! Congrats to the other winners.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow, amazing... Can't believe that was a CORO. No way. LOL.

Fun contest regardless! Thanks FOH and congratulations to the 3 winners!

• Like 1

Congratulations to the winners!

Great entertainment, which is organized by FOH. Thanks to Rob, who chose the most interesting samples all year! Thanks to the beautiful ladies who prepared cigars and processed our letters! Thanks to everyone who commented on cigars, it was fun!

I liked all the cigars and enjoyed them. Great idea, I look forward to the next one...

• Like 2

My goodness. That was the mildest Montecristo I've ever smoked in 23 years of smoking CCs. No trace of a Monte profile. I got sourdough and paprika. If it had been stronger I'd have gone PSP2 but I guessed Dip 2 and was about 90% sure about it.

And CoRo? Wow. Had zero Cohiba DNA. Black coffee start? I had it as a JLS2 until it got mild and a little cherry came in and I thought RyJ Short Churchills. 

And #3 a BPC...another wow. Never had a BPC that had a Cohiba profile. 

• Like 2

I forgot to comment my bets on numbers 4 and 5:

About #4

The strong spicy confectionery taste inclined me to Diplomatico. I know that Diplo and Monte are related brands, but from a dark wrapper I would expect DNA Montecristo and I did not feel it. On Saturday smoked Edmundo ABO Dic 18 and it was a very similar profile, but the choice was already made.

About #5

Full body and full strenght - only Bolivar or Cohiba. The taste was closer to Cohiba Robusto. Also the triple cap was too beautiful

So my completely overfilled and bursting wrapper # 5 was a CoRo ... some kind of quality control there. I guessed Juan Lopez, because it had to be a value brand based on the aesthetic. Shame on me, and whomever selected that cigar off the table to become a Cohiba. ?

2 minutes ago, FUHNAHTIK said:

So my completely overfilled and bursting wrapper # 5 was a CoRo ... some kind of quality control there. I guessed Juan Lopez, because it had to be a value brand based on the aesthetic. Shame on me, and whomever selected that cigar off the table to become a Cohiba. ?

At least it was a GOS code and not a UAO (or rather, MAR which apparently is EL as of MAR?). You win some, you lose some.