Top 12 Box codes for 2019

4 minutes ago, Monterey said:

I have so many ARS Trinidad.  Very happy with them.  Surprised they didn't make the list.

Much better finish to the year than the opening 4 months.   If I were to do a last 5 month review, ARS would be there. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2019 at 11:36 AM, El Presidente said:

My top 12 Box codes for 2019 based on % of high quality yield per mastercase.  This may help you when you are shopping blind with vendors around the world.  The list has been very consistent during the year. The big mover was MOL which came on gangbusters in the last quarter.

1. MSU
  2. MOL
  3. UEB
  4. EOS
  5. LGR
  6. UAO
  7. UER
  8. ESL
  9. BRE
  10. REG
  11. GOS
  12. RUM

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. I’m in need of a little help. I have a box of Cohiba Siglo VI that were gifted to me. Code checks out on the Habanos website and everything else on the box looks good. The code is SGA Feb 19. Anyone seen this code on Siglo VI before?

1 hour ago, Dmajid said:

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. I’m in need of a little help. I have a box of Cohiba Siglo VI that were gifted to me. Code checks out on the Habanos website and everything else on the box looks good. The code is SGA Feb 19. Anyone seen this code on Siglo VI before?

According to El Pres in 2016:

Generally a good quality code  skewed to the right on the Quality Bell Curve. 

I look forward to a looking through a mastercase of SGA coded stock. While I have been disappointed on occasion, it is generally a good experience. 

I have a box of SGA Romeo y Julieta Petit Julietas also from 2016 and nothing else.

Edit: also scanning the box codes from a list I got from a vendor all I see for SGA is another box of entreactos from 2017. Doesn't seem to be a very common code. And mainly seen from 2015 to 2017.

Edit 2: Googling FOH the code is mentioned with month/year ranges from AGO 15 to OCT 17.

Edit 3: I went through my old boxes (only half a dozen or so), and found an SGA Partagas Petit Coronas Especiales from 2017.

3 hours ago, Dmajid said:

From further web searches I found SGA boxes of Medio Siglo, Siglo I, Siglo II and 5 packs of Siglo V. But this is in the period 2015-2017. Unless the code is SGA FEB 16 or SGA FEB 17, I'd be a little suspicious as I haven't found that code used in 2019. Unless @El Presidente has seen SGA boxes in 2019.

If you have any doubts post the code and box and pictures of the cigars to the suspect cigars forum. There are people here with enough knowledge of the serial number sequence to say whether the serial number on your box is indeed a February 2019 one, etc.

3 hours ago, Bijan said:

From further web searches I found SGA boxes of Medio Siglo, Siglo I, Siglo II and 5 packs of Siglo V. But this is in the period 2015-2017. Unless the code is SGA FEB 16 or SGA FEB 17, I'd be a little suspicious as I haven't found that code used in 2019. Unless @El Presidente has seen SGA boxes in 2019.

All my SGA appear to have been 2016. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bijan said:

If you have any doubts post the code and box and pictures of the cigars to the suspect cigars forum. There are people here with enough knowledge of the serial number sequence to say whether the serial number on your box is indeed a February 2019 one, etc.

Man you are amazing! Thank you for going through a dozen boxes for a stupid question from me! That’s very kind and I really appreciate it. I will post some pics tomorrow in the suspect cigars forum. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...