The Mandalorian

Colt45

Been watching and enjoying the series so far. Like that it's been kept fairly straightforward, and less than an hour per episode. Interested to see where things go with baby Yoda.

Watched episode six and the Mayfeld character's accent made me think "he's gotta be from Boston". Sure enough, Bill Burr is from a town just south.

• Like 1

Everybody loves baby Yoda.  My girlfriend--who has never been a rabid Star Wars sycophant--cheers every time he is on screen (must be his tiny prowess ?).  I've been feeling a little ambivalent about the episode length personally.  On the one hand I find myself wishing they lasted a little longer... on the other I think it's a probably a good move to leave viewers wanting a little more. 

Tangentially... I'm not a big Bill Burr fan, but luckily, neither was Mando. 

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoying The Mandalorian.  I think the episode length has been great.  Any longer and I won't keep up.  If I get behind, I don't catch up and eventually lose interest.  Great story line and fun seeing some unexpected characters/actors.  I love Bill Burr and thought he did a great job playing an asshole prick...but he doesn't need to 'act' too much to play that roll ?

• 1 month later...

Binged watched the entire series Friday. I love the 80's feel to this, both in the end credits & the way it's filmed...anyone else notice that or old enough to remember The Incredible Hulk....the end credits remind me of that. I feel the length is perfect. I love all the creatures and magic of the original SW feel to it. 

I will say episodes 4 & 5 were shite, but they got back on track with the rest of the episodes. Curious about season 2. 

Baby Yoda........I am not a Yoda fan, or Obi Wan, or any of the Jedi's if you want to get down to it, but I really enjoyed the baby Yoda's POV, all he would do was sit there, watch and observe.......I will say he is the best baby ever.......never cried or complained, just got into a bit of mischief. 

• Like 1