Suggestions On any good cigar books ?

I tried to check through the search function but to no avail for me. I am Looking for some good suggestions on worth while cigar books , yes books not online articles or this avenue of literature. 
any ideas are welcome and maybe a brief summery of what makes it worthwhile would be helpful. 
look forward to your advice. 
Cheers 

4 hours ago, BoliDan said:

The connoisseurs guide to cigars by zino davidoff is a good one. It super antiquated and shows what a snob he was. He would of thought us all to be brutes.

So antiquated that he never even bothered to list -- let alone describe -- robustos.  I read th ebook twice, just to make sure...

8 hours ago, gweilgi said:

So antiquated that he never even bothered to list -- let alone describe -- robustos.  I read th ebook twice, just to make sure...

Yeah. I dont think there were robustos were in the davidoff line until they became NCs. Relatively new vitola in general. 

18 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

May I ask what the differences are between the two MRN books?

First and second printings of the first edition.

8 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Ah, gotcha. I'm trying to figure out what happened to the second edition. Don't really care about $$, I think I'd buy it regardless. But it's nowhere to be found, if it was ever printed anyhow. ?

Second edition still not released. Word is MRN is waiting for the end of the Embargo as a bookend to the book.

Am reading Inside Cuban Cigars. Quite geeky. By Tabakmann. Not sure how accurate all the info is. But certainly covers some familiar ground too.

Anyone know it?

On 12/17/2019 at 5:20 PM, westg said:
Yes...1 problem.You need a magnifying glass to read it. . 

Get the Kindle version!

35 minutes ago, ha_banos said:
6 hours ago, westg said:
Yes...1 problem.You need a magnifying glass to read it. . 

Get the Kindle version!

Yes I know..In this circumstance and with most cigar related books...I like the actual text in my hand.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:14 PM, Habana Mike said:

Second edition still not released. Word is MRN is waiting for the end of the Embargo as a bookend to the book.

That seems silly.  Sounds more like a middle finger to the hobby vs a milestone.  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/14/2019 at 9:11 PM, bpm32 said:

In addition to all the books listed, Nancy Stout’s “Habanos: The Story of the Havana Cigar” is pretty good. It’s another coffee table book.

Just got this one in. It's a beautiful book. Very well made. Thick leaves, great lithography. 

A bit dated coming out in 1997, still some great information and the pictures with Don Alejandro as a "younger" man along with all the factories at the time make it a worthwhile addition.

image.png.18044b9239bea7411c8e958f08c00d26.png

image.png.2ebcd08e2a537caad20b23f4616425e4.png

image.png.17da08fa3d2ca3f4ad17c75be4919e4a.png

• Like 4

On 12/14/2019 at 8:55 PM, Habana Mike said:

Here are a few I’d recommend...

Del Tedesco’s book, though dated, is the best seed to smoke book I’ve read to date on the subject.

image.jpeg

*LOOK!!  MY Library!!  But, uh - I don't see Richard Carelton Hacker's book...and I have all three editions.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, cigcars said:

*LOOK!!  MY Library!!  But, uh - I don't see Richard Carelton Hacker's book...and I have all three editions.

Looks like he has a fourth now https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Cigar-Book-4th-ebook/dp/B00XAF9L98

How are they?

2 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Looks like he has a fourth now https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Cigar-Book-4th-ebook/dp/B00XAF9L98

How are they?

*They are HIGHLY informative; educational; very, VERY thorough in the coverage of the history, manufacture, popular premium brands and machine-made cigars throughout the world, from Connecticut to Central and South America; to the Canary Isles, Cameroon and the Philipines. Very, very fulfilling reading. I even wrote him once and he personally responded when I had a pipe question: he's got a book out about pipes and pipe smoking too. 

• Like 1