What's on your 2020 cigar buy list?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All it takes is 24:24 and a moment of weakness

I will finish getting rid of basically all my RE, LE, and HTF boxes (about 75 still to go) and refocusing my collection to regular production of mostly smaller vitolas. As such, I won’t be buying much

Whats on your 2020 buy list?  For me, it will be 50 cabs of lusitanias and HDM double coronas, Sir Winstons and Cohiba Esplendidos and Monte Double Edmundos. Not planning to buy any RE/LEs next year.

Really need to (and am going to) slow my buying down in 2020 as I simply just have waaaay too many cigars.  That being said and as I type this, I am smoking the first Siglo V from a 15 pack of Tubos dated 11/17 and it’s wonderful.  Looking forward to where these will be in another 3-5 years.  Thus, I will be buying another 15 pak or box of Siglo V to begin aging for future enjoyment.   

• Like 1

I need to buy exactly zero cigars in 2020. But my self control being what it is, I’m sure I’ll end up with some of these incredible looking 50 cabs of Lusi and HdM DC. I’d also like to score a few boxes of the Punch 898, which have so far been elusive for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love a 50 of hdm dc’s and some qdo coronas These have proven elusive to me. plus I’m sure I’ll get many boxes of Connie 1’s jl1’s Mag 46 and cohiba sig iv’s And just about anything else for this matter. It’s a sickness !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 99call said:

heavy on Sancho Panza Non Plus, LGC Med 4, Boli no 1, 

Just received some non plus but I have my eye on another 1 or 2. Ditto some LGC 4. 

Hoping I can find an OCT 2019 50 cab of HDM DCs. 

Spent the latter half of 2019 deeper in RE’s and special smokes than I anticipated. Need to start doubling up on the regular production stuff I like - JL2, Mag 46, Monte 2, PSE2, BBF. And it’s time to get a box or 2 of CoRo on the aging train. First 2 boxes are just about up to bat. 

I will finish getting rid of basically all my RE, LE, and HTF boxes (about 75 still to go) and refocusing my collection to regular production of mostly smaller vitolas. As such, I won’t be buying much at all. I’ll continue to try to get a single or two of every RE being released and I’ll take advantage of special sales here and there but that’s it. Honestly, it’s a huge relief not focusing on “the collection” anymore. Back to my roots.

Most new releases are priced between ridiculous and ludicrous so I won’t be buying any of those.

• Like 4

Gonna try to get a couple jars and libros I want.

Things I can trade for older stuff.

Anything else will be skinnies and customs from Alex. (Fairly certain I’ve already cleared out all the LGC 4 available in Havana LCDH’s)

"Regular" stuff to fit into my aging ladder: HU No. 2 and Mag 46, Fonseca No. 1, PLMC, (Partagas 898 if they reappear).

"Special" stuff, if the quality is right: Trinidad Fundadores, CoLa, maybe one more box of Punch 898. Maybe a box of Siglo IV.

The occasional impulse buy of something I haven't tried before (or in a long time).

12 hours ago, juri said:

Going to try and cut back on my smoking this year, got to a point couple times where my palette completely got burnt out... and is say on avg it’s no where  near 100% what’s the point of getting amazing cigars in that case might as well smoke cheap NC stuff ?

Sine I’m pretty well stocked just going to focus on the stuff I love, like Punch 898 and maybe some shorts And some luci’s

Man. It’s nice to hear someone else say this. I’m dealing with the same thing. Smoking awesome cigars and 90% of the time struggling to enjoy them. Need a serious break I guess 

• Like 2

Another box is Sir Winston’s; going for a hat trick!  

Box or cab of Punch DCs too.  

Maybe the Upmann EL if the price comes down.  

I often wonder if El Prez can request from HSA supply of a certain marca based on his customers demand side of the house? Can he put in for more 50 cabs of lusitanias and La trovas and actually get that supply from his supplier or is it you get what you get kind of thing?

I have been trying to slow down lately and even sold some REs and LEs since I have enough stock for over a decade, even two if I continue to smoke as many cigars as I do lately. But there's always something I want so these are high on the list:

Senadores

Media Luna

Short de Punch

La Cabana

and I want more of the following:

Party 898

Dippy No.2

RA Gigantes

MdO No.2

Any aged singles that aren't overpriced that come my way since I really love to smoke cigars that have more than 15 years on them.

And all sub 48 RG REs if there are any in 2020.