What's on your 2020 cigar buy list?

On 12/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, Bri Fi said:

I’m in the same boat... starting to believe I’m acquiring more cigars than I can smoke before the reaper gets me. 

Same here,  as well as with spirits. I still have a wish list!

And I am adding my humidors to my will.....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All it takes is 24:24 and a moment of weakness

I will finish getting rid of basically all my RE, LE, and HTF boxes (about 75 still to go) and refocusing my collection to regular production of mostly smaller vitolas. As such, I won’t be buying much

Whats on your 2020 buy list?  For me, it will be 50 cabs of lusitanias and HDM double coronas, Sir Winstons and Cohiba Esplendidos and Monte Double Edmundos. Not planning to buy any RE/LEs next year.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:00 PM, Markspring1978 said:

I need to buy exactly zero cigars in 2020. But my self control being what it is, I’m sure I’ll end up with some of these incredible looking 50 cabs of Lusi and HdM DC. I’d also like to score a few boxes of the Punch 898, which have so far been elusive for me. 

This is always my goal and I always fail. I try a more "realistic" goal of a box a month and that generally lasts until January 10th or so. By March, I'll be well past 12 boxes, probably closer to 20. I find it best to just give into my addiction - if there's no way out, you go further in! It's an expensive addiction for sure, but neither the most expensive nor the most damaging - this is my justification.

I wonder if I should just go to the container store now and get another 10 Tupperdors? If you think I have too many cigars, that's YOUR problem!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buck14 said:

This is always my goal and I always fail. I try a more "realistic" goal of a box a month and that generally lasts until January 10th or so. By March, I'll be well past 12 boxes, probably closer to 20. I find it best to just give into my addiction - if there's no way out, you go further in!

Until you find another obsession, I mean hobby.  ?

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 1:35 PM, Wookie said:

All it takes is 24:24 and a moment of weakness

Can’t tell you how many time that’s happened, regretted the purchase until I smoked the first one and am now stoked that I have the box! 

next year I want some higher end stuff as I have a ton of regular smoking stock. Boxes of fundi’s, CCE, BBF and lusi’s are high on the list.

I think petit coronas and petit robustos are where my time and desire take me these days. Just received my second cab of plpc, and really have a nice collection of many marcas. Maybe a quarter box of a long and skinny cohiba. To be honest though, I feel like I have a collection that will keep me content for 10yrs. Lots of variety. 

Obviously when 24:24 opens back up I'll end up with a few here and there, but I'm aiming for no more than 5 boxes this year. We'll see how I do. 

11 minutes ago, SmokyFontaine said:

I'm aiming for no more than 5 boxes this year. We'll see how I do. 

Me too but I haven't been very restrained this year!

• Like 1

I’ll try and be good this year. My plan is to manage my purchase habits by limiting my storage capacity. I’m pretty much all full now, maybe room for two boxes if I tetris it right...

I should open space as I smoke through the year, at about one box a month pace.

Tatuaje Miami especiales, Caldwell Anastasia Churchill, H. Upmann mag50 & sir Winston, RAG & RyJC, we’ll see how things go ?

I finished 2019 strong and have 4 boxes at various stages of crossing the pacific ocean from FOH HQ to Canada. 

For my aging storage plan I need Cohiba Genios 25 count box, a 10 count box of the Portugal RE Bolivar Lusiadas (I normally only stick to regular production but had to get the REs for Portugal and Canada).  A couple of quarter boxes of Sir Winnie, CoLA and Fundies.

Beyond these purchases I have one final spot to fill in the tupperdore right now my options is JL 2, upgrading the Fundies from a quarter box to a full box or finding a Hoyo De Monterrey worth buying a box that's not the DCs. 

So overall looking at 2 - 25 count boxes, 1 - 10 count box, and 3 quarter boxes. 

I am very selective at this point. I would imagine the new auction here at FOH will likely get a high percentage of my dollars in 2020 as they’ve had some great cigars come up from as trustworthy a source as you could ask for. Plus I like the auction piece, adds an element of fun to the process of buying cigars.