What's on your 2020 cigar buy list?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All it takes is 24:24 and a moment of weakness

I will finish getting rid of basically all my RE, LE, and HTF boxes (about 75 still to go) and refocusing my collection to regular production of mostly smaller vitolas. As such, I won’t be buying much

Whats on your 2020 buy list?  For me, it will be 50 cabs of lusitanias and HDM double coronas, Sir Winstons and Cohiba Esplendidos and Monte Double Edmundos. Not planning to buy any RE/LEs next year.

On 12/28/2019 at 11:23 AM, VKUTT said:

How do you know when your palate is fried? Is it just that your smokes just don't taste like they should? Or is there some other sign for you? For me, my cigars start tasting salty. No matter what it is...salt. ?‍♀️

When my driftwood flavors regress to flotsam....?

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, VKUTT said:

How do you know when your palate is fried? Is it just that your smokes just don't taste like they should? Or is there some other sign for you? For me, my cigars start tasting salty. No matter what it is...salt. ?‍♀️

For me it’s when everything starts tasting like smoke. Zero flavor just airy smoke 

Quite specific, but this is where my bonus is going:

1. 1x Espy
  2. 2x Fundy
  3. 2x Esmeralda
  4. 3x Connie As (15/16/17)

I also will be fading all ERs & ELs going forward (save for a 5er here & there from friends). I've smoked thru the range & think the value is crazy poor here.

• Like 3

I have zero room left in a wineador and also a large cooler. I can't buy another cooler because I will fill it if there is room, this is how the first one was filled. At first it was just a small overflow. With that said there are a couple of items I would like to pick up this year. LGC no.4, 50 cab of party shorts but a dress box would be fine as well, La Trova and also a 10 pack of Lusitania and Hoyo DC if they come in 10's.

Lusitania cabs

HdM cabs

Rass cabs

Partagas 898  

Punch  Punch  

Punch DC 

PLPC and Montecarlos

Partagas shorts cabs

Connie 1's & 46's

Monti 1's & 2's

I think it may be easier to  list what I am not looking for. Then replace any box I smoke from. Not planning on many if any EL or RE.

• Like 2

Lusitania cabs
HdM cabs
Rass cabs
Partagas 898  
Punch  Punch  
Punch DC 
PLPC and Montecarlos
Partagas shorts cabs
Connie 1's & 46's
Monti 1's & 2's
I think it may be easier to  list what I am not looking for. Then replace any box I smoke from. Not planning on many if any EL or RE.

You must have a 3rd aristocrat with all the stock coming home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing on the to buy list, too many in stock already. Avoiding all the bling releases as have been caught up in that game in the past.

Most likely will look to replenish standard stock like RASS, PSD4, HUC1 and the like as I exhaust current supplies.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, anjimj said:

Whats on your 2020 buy list?  For me, it will be 50 cabs of lusitanias and HDM double coronas, Sir Winstons and Cohiba Esplendidos and Monte Double Edmundos. Not planning to buy any RE/LEs next year. How about you all?

Geez... you almost hit my exact list!   I'll be getting a whack of fundy's and the hunt will be on for some cohiba lanceros along with your mentions!

10 hours ago, GrouchoMarx said:

Geez... you almost hit my exact list!   I'll be getting a whack of fundy's and the hunt will be on for some cohiba lanceros along with your mentions!

Fundies are up today on 24 24. Great start to the new year!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 8:57 PM, gojira said:

I have been trying to slow down lately and even sold some REs and LEs since I have enough stock for over a decade, even two if I continue to smoke as many cigars as I do lately. But there's always something I want so these are high on the list:

Senadores

Media Luna

Short de Punch

La Cabana

and I want more of the following:

Party 898

Dippy No.2

RA Gigantes

MdO No.2

Any aged singles that aren't overpriced that come my way since I really love to smoke cigars that have more than 15 years on them.

And all sub 48 RG REs if there are any in 2020.

Well, my buying this month didn't go as expected. I picked up a couple of boxes of the Media Luna from my wish list of new releases and added some Propios because I found nearly full box that wasn't to bad looking (not one to buy blind). 

I did find some nice stuf with a few years on them though: Hoyo DC cab from 2016, a box of Coloniales from 2015, another box of LGC Glorias, a box of Boli Coronas Gigantes from 2015 and some Capuletos.

The guy from whom I got my MdO No.4s last year just turned into a complete douche as I asked him for more, so I won't be getting any new ones from him. Please don't PM me about him as I won't reveal his identity. But I managed to find some nice Churchills that I was looking for: HdM Churchills and a little over half a box of QdO Imperiales. Those are still in the post.

And I picked up another box of Tainos on here.

I'm gonna slow down a bit now until the Senadores will hit the streets.

• Like 1

These are the keys ones I'm looking out for.

Novedosos

Senadores

Esmeralda

Topes

Siglo 3,4,5,6

La Trova

Maybe after getting all of these might stock up those that are low on stock..

Hmmm..

(Somewhat arbitrarily) decided to make a pact with myself that a box of CoLa will be my next purchase and that I won't purchase anything else in the meantime.  The 'eye on the prize approach to frugality' seems like a good way to practice restraint on 24:24 while continuing to experience the thrill of the hunt, but I realize it could easily backfire. 

I'll also be keeping my eyes peeled for a couple regional releases after that (might try to get in on a split if cash is tight):

La Reina

Orgullosos

and might pick up some regular stock as well after I'm done hunting unicorns... possibly some or all of the following:

PSD4

RASS

Reyes

LGC MdO 4

Fundadores

and maybe some aged stock as it presents itself

All those that I missed last year! HUSW, HdMDC, more PL Picadores.

The usual..

6 hours ago, Chucko8 said:

Was planning on nothing for January. That has already gone out the window by 5 boxes. Lol

Hoping to get some of SLR DC's as a goal

That’s what I said at the beginning of the year too...result is 6 more boxes in the mail ? 

• Haha 1