Travel guidance for a newbie?

LordAnubis

Hi all,

A friend, single mid 20s non smoking female, was asking me about tips for a trip to Cuba. Can anyone suggest something reasonably hassle free? Any decent organised packages of some sort? Will be more sigh seeing than anything else. And not high end, she’s used to the backpacker hostel life. 

Thanks for any tips. 
Mus

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, madandana said:

Don’t tell them you’ve been to Africa.???????????

Everyone’s a comedian hey ???

On 12/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, Derboesekoenig said:

It's ok, I'll take the bullet! Lol I'm single mid-20s :rotfl:And also been twice thus far...

Anyway, does she want to go to Havana or want to go anywhere else in the country? How many days are we talking?

Completely open. She’s never been there before and would like to go around the island I’d think. Probably a 10-15 day stay on the island. 

Hi Mus,

Sorry I missed this, I have written detailed emails recently for female friends travelling to Cuba. It has tips on restaurants, tourist sites, bars, museums, souvenirs, currencies, safety etc.

If you like, I can email that to you, is your profile email still current?

I have an Irish-American friend living in Cuba for a few years who provides tours in Cuba, she has a lot of contacts there in tours/guides etc.

I know she does mid-range/high-end trips but I would think she would be able to help with the cheaper side too. This friend might be booked up, and she usually takes groups of people who already know each other, not single travelers, but I can get you her contact details. I'm sure she could provide some kind of advice.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:59 PM, Derboesekoenig said:

'What time of year is she wanting to go? I've only been to the farms in PDR, Havana, and Varadero. Always up for exploring more

Also unclear. I’ve suggested not November or Feb to get away from the festivals. 

On 1/14/2020 at 8:36 PM, Ryan said:

Hi Mus,

Sorry I missed this, I have written detailed emails recently for female friends travelling to Cuba. It has tips on restaurants, tourist sites, bars, museums, souvenirs, currencies, safety etc.

If you like, I can email that to you, is your profile email still current?

I have an Irish-American friend living in Cuba for a few years who provides tours in Cuba, she has a lot of contacts there in tours/guides etc.

I know she does mid-range/high-end trips but I would think she would be able to help with the cheaper side too. This friend might be booked up, and she usually takes groups of people who already know each other, not single travelers, but I can get you her contact details. I'm sure she could provide some kind of advice.

That sounds great mate. Thanks! Yeah if she can sort out something with a known guide then that would be sweet. Support the locals and all. I’ll PM you with my contact details. ??