Short Fillers?

mikinva

I cut open a JLP Brevas, it was cheap, I'm an engineer and very curious.

It wasn't short filler, it was more of a broken long filler.

I have 3 questions.

1. Is it the same for all Cuban short fillers, JLP, QyH etc.?

2. Is that why the flavor changed like a long filler, but had very very uneven burn?

3. My hypothesis, JLP takes premium rejects, premium CCs mar the wrappers to prevent resale, JLP rips off marred wrapper and rewraps with cheaper wrapper and less experienced roller (hence rustic look). True, false, possible?

3. My hypothesis, JLP takes premium rejects, premium CCs mar the wrappers to prevent resale, JLP rips off marred wrapper and rewraps with cheaper wrapper and less experienced roller (hence rustic look). True, false, possible?

First of all it is tobacco from the region the lesser Vuelta Arriba.

as an engineer you have to consider the variables.

weigh then against each other, and develop a larger sample to consider.

It seems hasty to make a ruling based on one cigar, and without the necessary facts to support your conclusion.

" My hypothesis, JLP takes premium rejects, premium CCs mar the wrappers to prevent resale, JLP rips off marred wrapper and rewraps with cheaper wrapper and less experienced roller (hence rustic look). True, false, possible? "

erroneous conclusion here.

again, insufficient information. Too much theory and too little basis in fact.

My frugality out weighs my curiosity. I am not willing to destroy anymore cigars. And a pipe smoker that was golfing with us said he would smoke the broken cigar. Sample size will remain at one. That is why I called it a hypothesis and not a fact.

I am not willing to destroy anymore cigars. "

giving up smoking?    

Good for you,you will enjoy a longer life......

From my understanding, “short filler” tends to refer to what many NC producers call a “Cuban Sandwich” cigar. Filler that is not long enough to make a long filler cigar is blended (scraps, short pieces, broken long pieces) with a piece or two of long filler (usually lower quality) to assist with the burn. That is why these cigars aren’t a) all premium long filler and also not b) all short chopped tobacco like a cigarette but instead somewhere in between. As others have mentioned, the sourcing for the tobacco is also from less premium growing regions which also keeps the cost down. Still great smoked and easy on the wallet!

• Like 1