Time machine .....3 boxes you passed on ...and in retrospect shouldn't have.

Three boxes you passed on and in retrospect...shouldn't have :rolleyes:

Maybe coin was tight, maybe you weren't sure, maybe you thought the opportunity would come around again. 

Paraphrasing Cher..."If you could turn back time!"

What are those boxes :D

• Thanks 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One more. The Escaparate in a certain factory in Havana in February in 2010. I won't remember which factory. Almost every cigar in that picture is a Behike 56. They were given out a week later at

Make it 30 boxes will you? Some members here will be too 'new' to remember this. I don't recall what year it was, but PCC unloaded a pile of Coronas and the like to our host here. He put them up

No. 1 This, in Charles de Gaulle Airport in February 2010 A few nights later, I saw some baller smoking one in the Gato Tuerto   2. Two boxes of Montecristo No. 2 Gran R

Far too many for me...but I'd say these are the ones that first come to mind.

2010 BHK 52 10 count boxes for 165 GBP

Trinidad Robusto Extra 

Cohiba 1966 (was paying 31-33 euros a stick when I was living in France)

It's not just about how much these are worth today...all these are truly phenomenal smokes. Just wish they were still more affordable (relatively speaking).

• Like 3

I regret passing on a cab of SLR DCs. I had heard the recent production runs weren't as good, and I really wanted some Lusi's. I figured I'd buy some next year if it sounded like they had improved. Of course, that next run never came.

Same thing for Juan Lopez PCs. I just figured I'd stock up next time they came in and they never did.

I also regret not getting some of those 2003 50 cabs of Des Deux while I could.

So yeah, the stealth discontinuations really gut me.

• Like 4

25th Anniversary Cubatabaco humidor

1492 Cubatabaco humidor

1994 Habanos S.A. humidor

In reality 50 cabs of '98 Trinidad Fundadores, Ramon Allones 898, 2006 Elie Bleu original release Behikes - actually had the chance to pick one up in Brussels when they first came out. At least I saw and touched it.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 99call said:

2x boxes of nice QDO panatellas

a lot of of late 60's BCJ, and Party PC......spooked the seller with questions

turn of the century box of 'Flor De Margeretta'.....again too many questions

a few always get away sadly

So Stefan, you can start a new thread...."Time machine .....3 boxes you picked up ...and in retrospect  are really glad you did!".

5 minutes ago, JohnS said:

So Stefan, you can start a new thread...."Time machine .....3 boxes you picked up ...and in retrospect  are really glad you did!".

I think that went over my head? I did miss out on these boxes, through procrastination, and "fannying about" as we say in the UK.

Just now, 99call said:

I think that went over my head? I did miss out on these boxes, through procrastination, and "fannying about" as we say in the UK.

Sorry...I took the images posted above as you having them in your possession.

2 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Sorry...I took the images posted above as you having them in your possession.

no they were snatched from my grasp by Satan! (AKA some other BOTL)   :fishing:  

?

• Haha 1

In Cuba last year saw a box of VRDA but was already stocked and over my limit, still wish I grabbed the box.

Trinidad Topes EL when they were up on clearance and nobody was buying them due to the ring gauge and price I would assume. They were probably the one EL that would sit around on 24 for longer than regular stuff. Then everyone talked about how good they were and poof, they were gone. They must have made very little of these compared to the dantes. As those were up on 24 week after week for a long time. Glad I got some of the dantes.

Also left about 10-12 partagas coronas in an opened box in Cuba. Smoked one there and it was excellent. 0280c5a78c9993bb4e70dfc931157de1.jpgadbed111c0425464beb4590fea779c34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, westg said:

Just last week 

des Dieux.. 

QDO Panatellas as above

LGC NO 2

Trini T 

What about "That Box" on the last day of our Cuba trip ??

'03 cab of Des Dieux - Thought to myself, "Hey, I already have one. I can always pick up another cab later...."

Cohiba 1966 - Uhm and ahh'd too long, then they were gone. I have some, but not enough.

Cab of Punch DC and Punch Punch - Couldn't justify the expenditure at that particular time.

Not too much really. I've always had a "buy as much as I can when I can" approach.  The standouts?

• Passed on a Box of 2006 Monte Espy 1's back in 2011. Good price too. 
  • Partagas EL Privadas. Only managed 1 box.  Wish I had more.
  • Had a line on two 2008 boxes of Esplendidos back in 2011.  To this day. I do not have a full box of Espys.  :(

As sad as this seems, I've had far more wins since I started this hobby back in 2009.

Boli Gold medals. Picked them up cheap, smoked them and was thoroughly enjoying them. Hemmed and hawed, finally went to buy more and they'd doubled in price, so hemmed and hawed some more and then they were gone.....

Also, Boli CG, have a few left but kicking myself for not picking up more....

Box of 07 Trinidad Ingenios

Box of 98 HDM Churchills 

Box of 98 Punch Churchills 

I was going to get the Ingenios for less than 250$ was a steal recently but I didn't pull the trigger... 

And passed on the two boxes of Churchills which was also going to get a super deal on

My first time to Cuba I passed up a half dozen LGC No 2 boxes (and other LGC that had been discontinued) that were already a couple years old bc I was not “familiar” with them. Same trip, I opened about 3-4 boxes of 1966 in 2 shops that had beetle holes and then decided not to buy any despite most shops having boxes and boxes available. 

Then, about a year ago, a friend that knew I was looking for a box of 2010 BHK 56 found a box for around $1,100, and I, regretfully, passed.  Then FOH auction site started and I realized what a mistake I had made. 

• Like 1

My involvement in the sport is relatively short-term, so I never even got a swing and a miss at many of the beloved-but-gone cigars mentioned thus far. But my first regret would have to be Bolivar Gold Medals. I saw them pop up several times On 24:24 when I first started lurking here, immediately recognized they were something special based on comments and demand, but had no idea I would ever want a cigar that expensive that required 5+ years of aging. My humidor is now filled with the more modern renditions of this concept, patiently resting.

Next fail was a year or so later with Bolivar Gigantes. Watched them come and go, foolishly retreating each time because I was constantly reading how powerful Bolivars were, and how they weren’t for beginners. Turns out I’m relatively immune to the effects of nicotine, but absolutely love full flavored CC’s. 

And last...sat on the sidelines going after other stuff in late 2017 - early 2018 while there was a wonderful run of high quality RyJ Short Churchills. Thought that would last forever. Still waiting for the comeback today. 

Not getting more cabs of RA coronas, not getting more RA 898V's when both were cancelled. Not getting more 1993 Bolivar Lonsdales before they ran out.

None of these were particularly expensive at the time, and just plain cheap by today's standards. I was just a fool to think that they would come around again.

....and to add insult to injury, my buddy said "do whatever you have to do...take out a second mortgage if you need to....but buy at least 5 cabs of those RA coronas!" I sure wish I had listened to him.