Time machine .....3 boxes you passed on ...and in retrospect shouldn't have.

One more.

The Escaparate in a certain factory in Havana in February in 2010. I won't remember which factory. Almost every cigar in that picture is a Behike 56. They were given out a week later at that year's gala dinner.

I was offered as many as I wanted. I declined.

P2200070.thumb.JPG.969421638ccf3de611ca1ea2cf5de6a0.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One more. The Escaparate in a certain factory in Havana in February in 2010. I won't remember which factory. Almost every cigar in that picture is a Behike 56. They were given out a week later at

Make it 30 boxes will you? Some members here will be too 'new' to remember this. I don't recall what year it was, but PCC unloaded a pile of Coronas and the like to our host here. He put them up

No. 1 This, in Charles de Gaulle Airport in February 2010 A few nights later, I saw some baller smoking one in the Gato Tuerto   2. Two boxes of Montecristo No. 2 Gran R

Boli Gold Medals when they were 65.00 a box.

LGC MdO2 when they were 212.00 a box and 2008 to 2010 were in stock

St Luis DC  2009 when they were 450.00 a box of 50...….

the list goes on.

• Like 1

As Lemmy was fond of saying 'No regrets. No remorse'. I'm not one for crying over spilt milk, once they're gone they're gone. But I do wish I'd gone for that fourth box of Bolivar Tubos No1 recently...waited just a day or two too long, no matter.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

Back in January, shops were well stocked with Punch DC’s in 50 cabs and HU Sir Winnies. Didn’t have the coins. In October, I brought plenty of CUC, and none of either cigars could be found. ?

Did manage to find 1) 25 box of the DC’s, so I won’t whimper too much...

61EB7303-EECD-4846-91AB-ABC786997D5F.jpeg

Sir David's 3 days ago...I stalked them for months never missing a 24:24. Have an emergency at work 10 mins before post and pow...there they are. Still chapped about that one

Trinidad Topes EL-Still have 2 from a EL sampler from Prez

More TOS Dip 2's. They are like crack and I only have a few left!

No past regrets really. I will regret not buying any of the D5’s that been on sale these last months, though. It’s been I don’t know how many years since I’ve seen top grade D5’s but I’m out of the buying game so not much to do.

1. The one I regret passing on the most was a box of Ramon Allones 898. Was about 2006 and I could have gotten one at fair market price.

2. Vegas Robaina Clasicos- I bought a few singles to try not knowing they would be discontinued and by the time I smoked them and went hunting for a box they were gone

3. San Cristobal de la Habana Oficios- I had given to me at a get together and it had a beautiful tart fruity, coffee profile and it was immediately on the “buy this next” list but they went out of stock and I never saw them available again, even though the larger size released at the same time seemed to hang around forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

One more.

The Escaparate in a certain factory in Havana in February in 2010. I won't remember which factory. Almost every cigar in that picture is a Behike 56. They were given out a week later at that year's gala dinner.

I was offered as many as I wanted. I declined.

P2200070.thumb.JPG.969421638ccf3de611ca1ea2cf5de6a0.JPG

You win.  Or lose.  

• Haha 2

Mine’s a little different.....if I had a time machine I’d go back to 2008 when my first son was born. I didn’t smoke cigars at the time, but I’d go back and get a box of something nice from his birth month so I’d have something to give him when he’s older

5 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Cohiba GR - I would have made enough money on them to sustain my smoking habit for a couple of years.

And like mine, it is not on the low side of a budget ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dcbuss said:

Saint Luis Rey Serie A

Sancho Panza beli

Monte Especial no1 

I do like this - the smoker's attitude. I also fear for the Beli...

(Monte Especial still to be had, although thin on the ground atm)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

I do like this - the smoker's attitude. I also fear for the Beli...

(Monte Especial still to be had, although thin on the ground atm)

Sancho...I mean....it’s sunk passed la Flor de cano...at least they have a couple of sizes still in regular production.  It kinda upsets me to see Sancho go the way of regional release pick up.  :(

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 5:12 AM, Silverstix said:

Mine’s a little different.....if I had a time machine I’d go back to 2008 when my first son was born. I didn’t smoke cigars at the time, but I’d go back and get a box of something nice from his birth month so I’d have something to give him when he’s older emoji1303.png

It's very much possible to get boxes from '08...just saying. That's the easy part...the hard part is finding the month too, and in a format which would be great (though '08 is one of those amazing years)

It's very much possible to get boxes from '08...just saying. That's the easy part...the hard part is finding the month too, and in a format which would be great (though '08 is one of those amazing years)

Eh, not really into paying triple the price 12 years later though LOL. Or worrying about how they were stored for the last 12 years by someone else

On 1/11/2020 at 12:42 AM, Silverstix said:

Mine’s a little different.....if I had a time machine I’d go back to 2008 when my first son was born. I didn’t smoke cigars at the time, but I’d go back and get a box of something nice from his birth month so I’d have something to give him when he’s older emoji1303.png

Buy a case of 2008 Bordeaux or something. A good one will last...Crack it with him at 18 (or 21 if you're in the States) then drink a bottle on his birthday until he's 30/33!?