Your latest CC Purchase?

You sure read SO, not SU?

Just asking, bec there were quite some '98s on the market until not too long back, two or three years ago (got some of them myself).

Lucky you if it's a '90s box, congrats!

Deffo SO. I'm a bit stunned!

*edit* posted some more pics below. Other evidence makes me think you're quite correct!

• Like 1

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

No idea on either count. I suspect John S might know?

Haha...I humbly admit I don't know everything, hence the beauty of this forum! I'll let someone else weigh in with the inserts but I do know that the Cubatabaco leaf stamp was replaced by the Habanos S.A logo in 1994.

Haha...I humbly admit I don't know everything, hence the beauty of this forum! I'll let someone else weigh in with the inserts but I do know that the Cubatabaco leaf stamp was replaced by the Habanos S.A logo in 1994.

thus the box cannot be from 1990 as habanos did not exist yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thus the box cannot be from 1990 as habanos did not exist yet.

That's by far not exclusive. That notice could have been put in at a later stage. More parameters would need to be checked for such a statement.

That's by far not exclusive. That notice could have been put in at a later stage. More parameters would need to be checked for such a statement.

Does the bottom of the box have a habanos or a tobbacocuba stamp?

Bolivar Tubos No. 1 from a recent "Hand Picked." Really stoked about these as Bolivar is becoming my favorite Marca and this size is right in my wheelhouse. First one will be sampled in a little more than a month, 90 miles from Cuba.

post-28697-0-15820700-1456618680_thumb.j

post-28697-0-05052100-1456618686_thumb.j

• Like 3

Does the bottom of the box have a habanos or a tobbacocuba stamp?

Habanos. On the date stamp under very close inspection, the "O" is starting to look more and more like a "U". Under a magnifying glass, there's definitely ink connecting the top of the letter, but it could easily be a smudge from the ink blob at the top of the left of a "U". Given the Habanos evidence, I'm thinking 1998 is a much more likely explanation.

Further confusion courtesy of the EMS 2010 sticker. I'm guessing that was added when they came onto the market?

post-19958-0-19222300-1456620280_thumb.j

post-19958-0-75520400-1456620765_thumb.j

post-19958-0-78160700-1456620795_thumb.j

• Like 1

Habanos. On the date stamp under very close inspection, the "O" is starting to look more and more like a "U". Under a magnifying glass, there's definitely ink connecting the top of the letter, but it could easily be a smudge from the ink blob at the top of the left of a "U". Given the Habanos evidence, I'm thinking 1998 is a much more likely explanation.

Further confusion courtesy of the EMS 2010 sticker. I'm guessing that was added when they came onto the market?

These giant coronas were discontinued in the 10-count dress box in the early-2000's according to Cuban Cigar Website...

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Sancho_Panza#Sanchos

Holy crappola! Just received boxes of RyJ Ex 4 and BRC and BCJ. Each and every one looks absolutely splendid and smell even better! They do make me sad and give a bit of disappointment, however. All I can do not to dig right in and take fire to the little beauties! Alas, these babies are destined to be put up for a while for a nice nap. I shall miss them until their time comes!

Very nice cigars, el Pres!

• Like 3

Hmm, can't get tapatalk to post pics.

But, picked up some '01 sancho panza coronas gigantes

Looking high and low for CGs (at a decent price, not from London...), should you have a tip for a source could you PM me?

Thanks

Paul

. . . '08 SCdH el principes . . .

G̶̶o̶̶o̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶u̶̶c̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶E̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶P̶̶r̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶i̶̶p̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶!̶̶

̶

̶̶H̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶o̶̶x̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶E̶̶M̶̶A̶̶ ̶̶M̶̶A̶̶Y̶̶ ̶̶0̶̶8̶̶ ̶̶P̶̶r̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶i̶̶p̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶i̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶s̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶r̶̶a̶̶p̶̶p̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶n̶̶c̶̶o̶̶u̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶t̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶

c̶̶a̶̶b̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶e̶̶a̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶w̶̶.̶̶

Sorry for this, was confusing them with a box of Small Club Coronas from that year.

ah, age has struck again blush.png

G̶̶o̶̶o̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶u̶̶c̶̶k̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶E̶̶l̶̶ ̶̶P̶̶r̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶i̶̶p̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶!̶̶

̶

̶̶H̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶o̶̶x̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶ ̶̶E̶̶M̶̶A̶̶ ̶̶M̶̶A̶̶Y̶̶ ̶̶0̶̶8̶̶ ̶̶P̶̶r̶̶i̶̶n̶̶c̶̶i̶̶p̶̶e̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶i̶̶t̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶i̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶s̶̶i̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶r̶̶a̶̶p̶̶p̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶n̶̶c̶̶o̶̶u̶̶n̶̶t̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶t̶̶t̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶y̶̶

c̶̶a̶̶b̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶e̶̶a̶̶r̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶o̶̶w̶̶.̶̶

Sorry for this, was confusing them with a box of Small Club Coronas from that year.

ah, age has struck again blush.png

Ah, no worries! I always appreciate a heads up (or attempted heads up) so I calibrate my expectations accordingly.

• Like 1

Colleague from work went to varadero for a week, muled be back a box of RASSC. Good thing too, I only had 9 left in my humidor.

post-8716-0-77686400-1456785260_thumb.jp

• Like 1