Your latest CC Purchase?

Couple boxes of RA Sups. Haven't lit one yet but I'm hearing great things about these.

It's interesting that the logos are spaced differently on the inside of the box.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

It's interesting that the logos are spaced differently on the inside of the box.

Agreed, I noticed that right away too but refrained from saying anything for fear of sounding overly concerned about authenticity. I'm hoping it's nothing. The box on the right (MAR15) is from our host, and a slightly more recent purchase, the box on left is from elsewhere (from the dark days before I discovered this wonderful community). Do you think there is cause for concern??

I actually had a quick conversation with prez about a box of RASS I recieved. Quality of printing is terrible (blurry images, the embossed metals in the inside lid, etc). He confirmed that even though the quality of the sticks has been inclining, the quality of packaging has been terribly declining. I have a box of RASS from 2014 and a box I recently got from 2015. The difference between the two is beyond words. The 2015 box I got from here so I don't doubt the authenticity one bit.

I have seen some pretty amazingly poor QC on packaging in the past 20+ years of smoking cigars. It is funny because when I got into CC's at the end of the 90's, all of the books used to warn about how inconsistency in the bands and boxes was a dead giveaway for fakes. This was before the internet exploded, so there were many many posts on bulletin boards asking about the authenticity of their boxes.

Misaligned packaging on the boxes is VERY common. Color variation on the printing is just as common as color variation in cigars themselves! There was even a box years ago that has the bands UNDER the wrapper. That's right, they put the bands on the cigars after the binder and then put wrappers over them...but they were legit.

The bottom line is that you must trust your vendor. Once you have enough experience you will be able to laugh about the weird things you too have seen.

• Like 1

Monte 5s from our host and his wonderful team. Might have to be one ROTT for Wales / Italy in an hour or so. They look positively edible.

post-28662-145839238533.jpg

• Like 3

There was even a box years ago that has the bands UNDER the wrapper. That's right, they put the bands on the cigars after the binder and then put wrappers over them...but they were legit.

Very much doubt it. Pictures and proofs or I'd rather file this under urban legend.

• Like 4

Very much doubt it. Pictures and proofs or I'd rather file this under urban legend.

No prob. It was posted on Cigar Family years ago. Will dig up the pics. I can't remember if they were a box of Monte #5 or Partagas Shorts...we will see. But I think it was someone's idea of a joke. Just because you weren't there at the time, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

But I think it was someone's idea of a joke.

This I could perhaps believe. As the outcome of some kind of joke, as a dare or bet or something. I.e. intentionally prepared and then sneaked in. But not, like you were alluding to in your post, as an indication of lacking QC in Cuban production (such could happen anywhere). Because for everyone with even only a rough understanding of the production processes it is plain clear that such is not possible to happen inadvertently just by mistake.
And still, we don't know about the procurement channels of said box...

Some Cigars for a german blindtasting.

Find out which Double Corona it is.

Partagas - Lusitania

Punch - DC

Hoyo de Monterrey - DC

Vegas Robaina - Don Alejandro

Wow - >eight hours of smoking, that I call commitment! biggrin.pngclap.gif

[edit: or do you do it the CA-way? wink2.gif ]