Your latest CC Purchase?

My 1st FOH purchase is looking very good!

[4845e5c4833dcfedecc86c94f05274bd.jpge83308c4be3f8b82bfb78bbe7ee87391.jpg20f1567a382637a355dc2a07eea11f3c.jpg91d374e18348949b0abcbd893bdd0922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

Aardwolf,

Have been thinking about getting a couple boxes for winter smokes. Let me know your thoughts on these.

Excellent winter smokes imo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

Massive aged singles trade with a member. Mosty 2014 vintage with some JL#4's I have been dying to try. I have tried many of these and/or currently have a fresh single of, so I might post up some aged/fresh comparisons based on my newb palette. :)

Thanks again Jerry!!!!

a0b8456270c827dfaf85b2563ce5497e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Major jealousy over here.  Excellent score. Let me know about the JL4. I'm very interested.

• Like 1

Major jealousy over here.  Excellent score. Let me know about the JL4. I'm very interested.

It worked out perfectly. I just had a Mag 46 that I wasn't impressed with so now I get to try a few aged ones and see if they get a little better. I have been looking to try an HU Conne A and now I have two to try. Should be a ton of fun comparing most of these to freshies.

Finally had a good JL#2. Wow what a smoke! Citrus, coffee and toasted tobacco all the way through. Rich and strong. Totally sold on them :) I am glad I gave them another shot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

Massive aged singles trade with a member. Mosty 2014 vintage with some JL#4's I have been dying to try. I have tried many of these and/or currently have a fresh single of, so I might post up some aged/fresh comparisons based on my newb palette. :)

Thanks again Jerry!!!!

17 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

It worked out perfectly. I just had a Mag 46 that I wasn't impressed with so now I get to try a few aged ones and see if they get a little better. I have been looking to try an HU Conne A and now I have two to try. Should be a ton of fun comparing most of these to freshies.

Finally had a good JL#2. Wow what a smoke! Citrus, coffee and toasted tobacco all the way through. Rich and strong. Totally sold on them :) I am glad I gave them another shot.

Just had my first Magnum 46 last night. It was a 2011 so it had some age on it. Great smoke but you have to go REAL slow with them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bohn007 said:

Just had my first Magnum 46 last night. It was a 2011 so it had some age on it. Great smoke but you have to go REAL slow with them. 

The draw was super tight. I got fed up and pitched it. I liked what little I could taste but I need to try it again before I commit. I will have that chance now :)

Just added some Monte 1s and HDM Epi 2s to the humi from our host's recent offering of 1/4 boxes. Nice to be able to try a few that way and gradually crowd out the NCs while I let my recent box purchases spend some quality time in the OLH.

Humi.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hurltim said:

The draw was super tight. I got fed up and pitched it. I liked what little I could taste but I need to try it again before I commit. I will have that chance now :)

I think you just had a bad smoke. The draw was good on mine. Did a straight cut if that makes a difference

Just added some Monte 1s and HDM Epi 2s to the humi from our host's recent offering of 1/4 boxes. Nice to be able to try a few that way and gradually crowd out the NCs while I let my recent box purchases spend some quality time in the OLH.

Humi.jpg

My only NC's I have are Opus & Padron too. Got some Opus boxes that haven't seen daylight in years. CC's have my complete attention..

3 minutes ago, eswary said:

My only NC's I have are Opus & Padron too. Got some Opus boxes that haven't seen daylight in years. CC's have my complete attention..

You need anther divider for those Padron's!  Don't let them touch those HDM's!! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eswary said:

I'm not finding that the Opus or Padron improve with age. The Opus especially seem to me to lose flavor. I actually loved the Lost City right out of the box (those are from '13 and '14), but they were so expensive I saved them for special occasions and now I can't help but think i could've had three BBFs or a CoRo when I smoke one. If I'd only known then what I know now...

Sounds like you haven't tried yours for a while? I'd be curious if you find a similar diminishing of flavor.

I'm not finding that the Opus or Padron improve with age. The Opus especially seem to me to lose flavor. I actually loved the Lost City right out of the box (those are from '13 and '14), but they were so expensive I saved them for special occasions and now I can't help but think i could've had three BBFs or a CoRo when I smoke one. If I'd only known then what I know now...

Sounds like you haven't tried yours for a while? I'd be curious if you find a similar diminishing of flavor.

I hate to eat up space here to talk about NC's on a CC forum but it is about cigars so I'll give ya my 2 cents.
Opus IMO are similar to many CC's in the way they do require a long resting or aging period to reach full potential. Opus are great at the 5+ yr mark(longer the better). That huge pepper blast and strength characteristic calms down and they are heavenly smooth & multi-dimensional when aging properly. So when I buy Opus, I age boxes as long as possible. Quite frankly it's like the "Lost City" which are aged for yrs before they are available for sale. That sweet cherry note they have, comes from the aging process. They are delish!

As far a Padron, especially the Anniversary series they are good to to go and IMO should be smoked ROTT like the Lost city.

Just my 2 nickels and experience with these over the years.

E

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eswary said:

Opus IMO are similar to many CC's in the way they do require a long resting or aging period to reach full potential. Opus are great at the 5+ yr mark(longer the better). That huge pepper blast and strength characteristic calms down and they are heavenly smooth & multi-dimensional when aging properly. So when I buy Opus, I age boxes as long as possible.

I absolutely agree.  I appreciate how time tempers that peppery blast in the Opus.  A fresh Opus has often had me on my knees trying to hold down my dinner and sweating profusely.  I have singles back to 2008 and up to this year, and three pack tins from 2010 to 2014.  When I choose an Opus I pick the oldest (in the 5+year range) and enjoy a very smooth, refined smoke.  Still lots of flavor, but no punch in the gut so to speak.

On 10/29/2016 at 11:01 AM, Hurltim said:

Thanks again Jerry!!!!

Nice Haul!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Cab of 50 - 2008 Mag 46 

Unfortunately, for me, the wife found these at the door before I did.

IMG_1459.jpg

DSC06607.JPG

DSC06609.JPG

Sorry to hear. Obviously we share the same issues with delivery. Still, give it 30 days and then try the first. She will hopefully forgive you by then and you will enjoy them for years afterwards. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, eswary said:

Love these, well done

Thanks, I have a couple boxes of Robusto Extra's but had yet to try these so jumped on them during the 24/24. They are in for a rest for now. 

• Like 1