Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

5 hours ago, nodollas said:

Noob here.... Picked up a box of Montecristo petite Edmundo from the 24:24 a couple of weeks ago.  

can some of you Vets tell me how long, or if, these need to rest?  

Thanks!

Cigars.jpg

Personally, I've found that they are still a bit wet after a 30day rest.  I've had burn issues without more time down.   They're a thick RG and I'm just guessing they hang on to their moisture longer??  Who knows....  I just know the burn corrected after they'd been at 60%/70° for three months at my place.  Try one after 30 and see what you think.... 

1 hour ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

The first round of Christmas boxes showed up on the 23rd and today.  It is frightening to think what has not been delivered yet.

This photo probably belongs in the Camp Winnepesaukee thread.

DSC06820.JPG

Somebody likes the Prince.....nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

The first round of Christmas boxes showed up on the 23rd and today.  It is frightening to think what has not been delivered yet.

This photo probably belongs in the Camp Winnepesaukee thread.

DSC06820.JPG

Funny how a post like this can make you buy a box of cigars. LOL

Tell me more about the Prince? Never had...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaintMickey® said:

Funny how a post like this can make you buy a box of cigars. LOL

Tell me more about the Prince? Never had...

Mick:

My ability to articulate the flavors is limited and my samples are young.  However, the first third is a bit mongrel but it smoothes out quickly to reveal a nice HDM backbone.  The final third is nothing short of stunning and I find that I nub these to the point of third degree burns.  I think it is the cedar and cream that draw me to this particular smoke.  The time commitment for this cigar is minimal and it delivers big flavors in that short time period.  I tend to enjoy them in the morning with a nice cup of coffee.

The best descriptions I think you will find are from Rob, which I have pasted below for you.

"Can’t sing their praises high enough. Certainly the workhorse of my personal rotation. 

One of the Cigars of the year. Dependable, flavoursome (Cream, cedar, touch of vanilla bean in a medium body). 

Many of you have not tried them before this year when we asked you to give it a crack on the basis of what I was experiencing.  It is now our best-selling Petit corona (ok…not quite a PC but close enough) and it has achieved that on its own merits as one of the best pound for pound cigars in the world today. 

My PC of choice."

"This Petit Corona “ish” gem is my small cigar of choice in 2016. I smoke a lot of Petit Corona’s and enjoy most of them. However consistenly the prince outperforms them all. The upside is that they will age superbly but even young they are smoking a treat with such “BIG” flavours they you often just sit back and wonder how they do it. Cream, cedar, bitter cooking chocolate, black coffee. Box after box after box…..just a pocket flavour rocket."

"You know I love the flavour.  

My PC of choice. I should age them because I know they will develop cream in spades. I can’t. I can’t keep my hands off them.  

Perfect for mid morning. Perfect for mid afternoon. Perfect to accompany my Pedro Ximinez sherry late at night. Versatile? Bloody believe it.  

Simply…one of the best “bang for buck” cigars on the planet. No other cigar in this vitola “range” comes close to the complexity, the sheer depth of flavours.

Cream, cedar, touch of vanilla bean in a medium body than can surprise you to the upside. The cream and vanilla will build over the years but I like them where they are right now."

"God they are good. The Petit Corona “ish” cigar that I smoke more than anything else. It has certainly grabbed my attention and my wallet. One of the best “bang for buck” cigars on the planet. Right now, it is what I am smoking when I am looking for a mareva style cigar. No other cigar in this vitola “range” comes close to the complexity, the sheer depth of flavours.  

Cream, cedar, touch of vanilla bean in a medium body than can surprise you to the upside. The cream and vanilla will build over the years but I like them where they are right now.  One of my best “Pound for Pound” Cuban cigars. If you were to give me the choice of smoking a Cohiba Siglo II or a HDM Prince right now….I would pick the Prince every time."

• Like 1

I waited too long to try the Prince.  I am making up for that sin; it is a wonderful smoke!

Damn good smoke and one of my favorite morning/coffee cigars. Great balance between sweet elements and rich tobacco. It reminds me of the HUPC in that regard. The HUPC has a lovely shortbread cookie flavor and the Prince has an awesome sweet cream backbone.

Don't pass 'em up the next time you see them on 24:24.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

DIC 14 Wide Churchills

ryjwc.JPG

Oooh! I would LOVE to get a box with a little bit of time on them! I have a PSP box that look almost too good to smoke...almost:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mick:

My ability to articulate the flavors is limited and my samples are young.  However, the first third is a bit mongrel but it smoothes out quickly to reveal a nice HDM backbone.  The final third is nothing short of stunning and I find that I nub these to the point of third degree burns.  I think it is the cedar and cream that draw me to this particular smoke.  The time commitment for this cigar is minimal and it delivers big flavors in that short time period.  I tend to enjoy them in the morning with a nice cup of coffee.

The best descriptions I think you will find are from Rob, which I have pasted below for you.

"Can’t sing their praises high enough. Certainly the workhorse of my personal rotation. 

One of the Cigars of the year. Dependable, flavoursome (Cream, cedar, touch of vanilla bean in a medium body). 

Many of you have not tried them before this year when we asked you to give it a crack on the basis of what I was experiencing.  It is now our best-selling Petit corona (ok…not quite a PC but close enough) and it has achieved that on its own merits as one of the best pound for pound cigars in the world today. 

My PC of choice." "This Petit Corona “ish” gem is my small cigar of choice in 2016. I smoke a lot of Petit Corona’s and enjoy most of them. However consistenly the prince outperforms them all. The upside is that they will age superbly but even young they are smoking a treat with such “BIG” flavours they you often just sit back and wonder how they do it. Cream, cedar, bitter cooking chocolate, black coffee. Box after box after box…..just a pocket flavour rocket."

"You know I love the flavour.  

My PC of choice. I should age them because I know they will develop cream in spades. I can’t. I can’t keep my hands off them.  

Perfect for mid morning. Perfect for mid afternoon. Perfect to accompany my Pedro Ximinez sherry late at night. Versatile? Bloody believe it.  

Simply…one of the best “bang for buck” cigars on the planet. No other cigar in this vitola “range” comes close to the complexity, the sheer depth of flavours.

Cream, cedar, touch of vanilla bean in a medium body than can surprise you to the upside. The cream and vanilla will build over the years but I like them where they are right now." "God they are good. The Petit Corona “ish” cigar that I smoke more than anything else. It has certainly grabbed my attention and my wallet. One of the best “bang for buck” cigars on the planet. Right now, it is what I am smoking when I am looking for a mareva style cigar. No other cigar in this vitola “range” comes close to the complexity, the sheer depth of flavours.  

Cream, cedar, touch of vanilla bean in a medium body than can surprise you to the upside. The cream and vanilla will build over the years but I like them where they are right now.  One of my best “Pound for Pound” Cuban cigars. If you were to give me the choice of smoking a Cohiba Siglo II or a HDM Prince right now….I would pick the Prince every time."

I picked up a box from the same sale. I'll appreciate them all the more knowing that every other box in existence is with@BEVOSREVENGE.

Thunder & Lightening '76-'15

• Like 3