Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

6 hours ago, Fugu said:

Looks absolutely odd. Different to all I have seen, and to what I see on '05 dress boxes in my stash. More concerning than the stamping (that might be CbC) is the iron branding, which is way off.

CbC? Sorry, not familiar with all that acronyms and can't find it in the threads. The photo was taken at a slight angle which might explain if the iron branding looks non-aligned. What in particular looks off?

Nice! Anyone seen hide or hare of a full cab of these?

Sorry, but that'll be "hide nor hair" then. Or am I just flogging a dead horse again...?

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 1

On 10/06/2017 at 7:02 AM, encephalization said:

CbC? Sorry, not familiar with all that acronyms and can't find it in the threads. The photo was taken at a slight angle which might explain if the iron branding looks non-aligned. What in particular looks off?

Sorry mate, CbC - Cuba being Cuba

Translates to: No all weird looking stuff needs to be a sign of fake/fraud/counterfeit, as it can be a mere issue of poor QC.

The stamp one (box code) might qualify for that category, but it is fishy.

More bothering is the iron brand (the HSA stamping). That, to me, is looking entirely wrong, and there are several marks being off. Perhaps also a QC-thingy, who knows, and someone lost the original one and had to do some handicrafts for a makeshift one....lol. Or that particular factory had been using an odd "replacement" brand-template. At least, I have never seen such before.

• Like 1

Sorry mate, CbC - Cuba being Cuba

Translates to: No all weird looking stuff needs to be a sign of fake/fraud/counterfeit, as it can be a mere issue of poor QC.

The stamp one (box code) might qualify for that category, but it is fishy.

More bothering is the iron brand (the HSA stamping). That, to me, is looking entirely wrong, and there are several marks being off. Perhaps also a QC-thingy, who knows, and someone lost the original one and had to do some handicrafts for a makeshift one....lol. Or that particular factory had been using an odd "replacement" brand-template. At least, I have never seen such before.

I appreciate the input, I really do. I've attached another photo of the iron brand, from less of an angle. What exactly is off? (for future reference)

I have no doubts about authenticity, partly because of the source but mainly because of how the first one smoked (even with only three days rest). Pepper on the back, leather and cocoa (especially in the first and second third). Very complex with nuances changes throughout. Granted, all cigars could be the target of fakes but a figurado must be lower on the list.

Nonetheless, I am glad for your expertise because it will definitely be in the back of my mind when I visit older shops in the future.bf1b0567a1bb3280198ea08a288151c7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, encephalization said:

I appreciate the input, I really do. I've attached another photo of the iron brand, from less of an angle. What exactly is off? (for future reference)

bf1b0567a1bb3280198ea08a288151c7.jpg

I am by no means an expert regarding iron brand variations over the years.  However, the font looks odd... especially "Habanos s.a.".  It could be nothing more than poor quality control. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, encephalization said:

I have no doubts about authenticity, partly because of the source but mainly because of how the first one smoked (even with only three days rest). Pepper on the back, leather and cocoa (especially in the first and second third). Very complex with nuances changes throughout. Granted, all cigars could be the target of fakes but a figurado must be lower on the list.

Nonetheless, I am glad for your expertise because it will definitely be in the back of my mind when I visit older shops in the future.bf1b0567a1bb3280198ea08a288151c7.jpg

Mate, first of all let me say that this is in no way meant to rain on your parade. And I am not at all sure whether this may indeed be an indication of fake or else.

But, the iron branding is completely different to what a Habanos-brand should look like. Take a look at the many other pictures in this thread or the info given on CCW.

habbx1_small.gif

Font of 'Habanos' is wrong, as MahDooRow sais, spacing is off (too wide), the semi-circles of the rounded frame of 'Hecho en Cuba' look as if somehow pieced on (thickness). The "C" in 'Hecho' and in 'Cuba' appears smeared, as if taken from a different font or not 'mounted' correctly. Same holding for 'Habanos' - boldness of the 'H' and the 'b', H is in wrong font, etc. And finally it looks like just being stamped on and not imprinted with an iron punching. I've only seen such in recent years. All older production usually showing a more or less pronounced indentation.

I haven't checked much of my stash, just tooked up some '05 boxes and all appear to bear the normal brand. Perhaps other members may be able to add info as to whether they do find a similar one to yours. One cannot rule out at this moment that this may be a different (diff. to standard) brand-pattern that had indeed been used in legit boxes for some time.

Regarding the box code - just for the record, but this really could be CbC: Usually, the code is starting with the factory code and then follows the mmm and yy. Should read OCT of course and usually all in capital lettering.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fugu said:

Regarding the box code - just for the record, but this really could be CbC: Usually, the code is starting with the factory code and then follows the mmm and yy. Should read OCT of course and usually all in capital lettering.

I also thought the box code was backwards (date code first followed by factory code), but an online search revealed this was common in 2005 for Partagas Aristocrats and Presidentes.  The "t" in "oct" sure looks odd (more like an f than a t).  On balance there are definitely some inconsistencies that raise suspicion.  However, at the end of the day the proof will be in the smoking experience.  If these sticks are counterfeit (and hopefully they are not) the OP should know as soon as he lights one up.  Keep us posted.

Perfect morning cigar. These are smoking great. I have noticed the smoke out of these is "bluer" then most cigars. Anyone else notice that?

I haven't noticed the blue smoke, but agree that these are great morning cigars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, mwaller said:

From our host... PRA DIC 10.  

I think I've done enough damage for quite some time!  The scent is wonderful, even before you lift the lid. 

IMG_20170615_153916099.jpg

Wow.. I'm bowing to you.!!  I'm not worthy I'm not worthy.  Great pick up have fun with those.

Came home to some great boxes today, but this one I am the most pumped about: 50 Cab of 2003 Des Dieux. They smell great. Definitely won't be waiting long to smoke the crooked one under the ribbon. About 15 min. 

IMG_6172.thumb.JPG.cd734cd3f5dd55b79be2e22e105ceb38.JPG

Very nice sir!! Where are the other boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk