Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

On 22/06/2017 at 2:34 PM, JohnS said:

SOM Dic 16 Rafael Gonzalez 88 Asia-Pacifico Regional Edition 2016. I intend to split this box with some fellow Sydney FoH members. The aroma was not your typical cocoa-refined barnyard smell that I'm used to from Limited Editions and recent Asia-Pacifico Regional Editions, the Diplomaticos Bushidos and La Gloria Cubana Revolution. Rather, it was more of a natural, pungent grass/hay barnyard smell which nevertheless exuded 'class and quality'!

594bb89a9aa97_2017-06-2215_30_28.jpg.c4d13added4cde65fc987ef9e56f93a6.jpg594bb89f8a97b_2017-06-2215_31_47.jpg.3e7b9ab43de87bc38e78b5a08b8026c6.jpg594bb8a5beca7_2017-06-2215_33_31.thumb.jpg.de719b57ec9cf7beb2e104e84abf0d00.jpg594bb8abac7d0_2017-06-2215_34_13.jpg.f406d0db6772c7d68b82a393b6b6ad37.jpg

Please let us know how these go over, mate. I couldn't resist, and have purchased a couple of boxes to put down for a while.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Please let us know how these go over, mate. I couldn't resist, and have purchased a couple of boxes to put down for a while.

Shall do mate. I plan to catch up with a dear pal next week during my upcoming vacation time and I think these will go down nicely. I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

6 boxes each of TOS Upmann PC and PL Montecarlos. Beautiful colorado maduro wrappers and generally good construction across all. Will be smoking well for several years off of these.

• Like 1

Monte Tubos (PMU October 14):

07b04a5460da537d0274b3ebaaabdbeb.jpg

I don't buy a ton of tubos, but I love them. They age great in the cedar sleeves IMO. I buy all my Punch cigars in tubos. Punch Punch and the coronations are great in AT format. Enjoy the Montes, they look delish!

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Guest Nekhyludov
15 minutes ago, amaxp81 said:

hehe .... here's my latest CC purchase.... just got back from 2 weeks in Cuba... epic trip!

3dd78ccd5a346c5ce723f0da95889bb2.jpg

Damn! How many extra bags did you have to pack to haul that home? :lol:

Damn! How many extra bags did you have to pack to haul that home? 

2 checked bags and 4 carry-ons between my wife and I... cigars throughout all of them!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amaxp81 said:

hehe .... here's my latest CC purchase.... just got back from 2 weeks in Cuba... epic trip!

Nice haul..... I will be there in Aug for a week  :cigar:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, amaxp81 said:

If you want to sell some customs, let me know :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, amaxp81 said:

Pardon my naivete, but that looks like more than $800 USD's worth of Caribbean booty. Isn't that the limit per person? Just curious if you had any static returning to your port of origin with customs. Congrats on that amazing haul. Happy smoking!

• Like 2

Pardon my naivete, but that looks like more than $800 USD's worth of Caribbean booty. Isn't that the limit per person? Just curious if you had any static returning to your port of origin with customs. Congrats on that amazing haul. Happy smoking!

$800 per person which gave me $1600 in flexibility... I was honest and told US customs how much I had (roughly 2300-2400) and he said "next time keep it under the limit or you will be charged a duty tax" to which I replied "my bad, thanks"

• Like 3

11 hours ago, amaxp81 said:

11 hours ago, Nekhyludov said:

Damn! How many extra bags did you have to pack to haul that home? :lol:

10 hours ago, amaxp81 said:

2 checked bags and 4 carry-ons between my wife and I... cigars throughout all of them!

VERY NICE!!!!

But usually when I do that with my wife, when we're travelling down there together, I don't let her know, and just gleefully hide it in her luggage, saying only that "there's a few cigars in there", and then stash them at home before she can count it all up.  She'd buy plenty more purses and shoes if she knew what I bought in cigars, LOL!!!!

I think the most I brought home was 384 sticks by myself.  The most I brought home, using her luggage too, was...a bit more than that.  ;)

4 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

You have to pay

a duty on anything over $800.  

You're not limited to only $800. And IIRC the duty is low....   Like 4%. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.  At any rate it's really not that much.  

Really nice custom roll haul there.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, amaxp81 said:

$800 per person which gave me $1600 in flexibility... I was honest and told US customs how much I had (roughly 2300-2400) and he said "next time keep it under the limit or you will be charged a duty tax" to which I replied "my bad, thanks"

In any case, nice job with your haul and kudos to the customs agent for not giving you much grief. That's a cigar lover's wet dream right there, that pic. Lotta great hauls from Cuba pictured lately on this thread.

Smoke them in great health!

I brought in a box of monte 2s Gran reservas, 2011 siglo 6 slb 25, media siglo 25 slb, and 2012 monte petit edmundos in march when i went to montreal for a bachelor party.  I declared them just to see what would happen.  I was taken to the back area of US customs.  We chatted a bit about the cigars, nothing crazy, supervisor came out thanked me for my honesty and waved the tax.  Chatted some more, nice guys, off I went with a few thousand in cigars and no tax!

• Like 2

I brought in a box of monte 2s Gran reservas, 2011 siglo 6 slb 25, media siglo 25 slb, and 2012 monte petit edmundos in march when i went to montreal for a bachelor party.  I declared them just to see what would happen.  I was taken to the back area of US customs.  We chatted a bit about the cigars, nothing crazy, supervisor came out thanked me for my honesty and waved the tax.  Chatted some more, nice guys, off I went with a few thousand in cigars and no tax!

Well if you bought them in Canada you already paid a massive tobacco tax and sales tax. What did the siglo 6 box cost in Montreal? 1500-1700?
Nice haul btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk