Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

9 hours ago, Dmpotocek said:

My success with my last batch of Mag50 prompted a purchase of 25 more. I rolled the dice and bought a box blind from a trusted vendor because the price was way too good to pass up.
c7570f5dd9800318b8bc231710bc77cb.heic
6f80cda8c7f1b91efdfaf87ff7553480.heic
A little young, but I can already tell they’re going to be rockstars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smart money right there

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

Quarter box of BMP JUN 16 VRDA. They'll go down for a nice long nap, and hopefully right around the time they're ready, the weather should be improving enough to sit outside and enjoy one. 

20171222_132553.thumb.jpg.38784f3c4001486f5a45381285337e09.jpg

1 hour ago, Nekhyludov said:

Quarter box of BMP JUN 16 VRDA. They'll go down for a nice long nap, and hopefully right around the time they're ready, the weather should be improving enough to sit outside and enjoy one. 

20171222_132553.thumb.jpg.38784f3c4001486f5a45381285337e09.jpg

Try one now, ones from late 2015 are smoking really well for freshies

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GotaCohiba said:

Should these be smoked fresh or laid down for a couple years?

Smoke one and see how it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jerrybrowne said:

Glad I could point you in the right direction with those EDs. And it doesn't get safer than cotton ball cushioning! 

They're very good cigars and I'm sure you'll enjoy them. If you don't, hey, they should double in value in a few years and no harm done. :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, encephalization said:

Sometimes you have to take a chance and its not everyday I have the opportunity to buy something from my year of birth. These Coronas Juniors are (allegedly) from 1985. Will need to try one before my next birthday to see if they still pack a punch.ec38a790752b11f4900cc1d2ca1342e4.jpgc9ab3d074385eeb7bff3443953b94017.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The only thing I would look at is this

Best, Stefan

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 17.44.44.png

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, 99call said:

The only thing I would look at is this

Best, Stefan

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 17.44.44.png

Thank you Stefan,

That is an interesting point, I appreciate the input. In my experience, not all pre-2002 have the line setting as in the picture you attached. Many older cigars I've seen have had something inbetween. I've taken another picture for clarification. On the left a 898 from 2008; middle Presidentes from 2005; and on the right the 1985 Coronas Junior.

The 898 has the DE moving away from the FLOR DE TABACOS line and the E is even moving "up" from the D (the bottom of the E is higher than the bottom of the D). On the Junior, this does not seem to be the case. Another difference (which you may be able to spot hints of from my crappy photo) is that the font of PARTAGAS is slightly different. The edges of the letters (second photo, again sorry for the poor quality) are more stylized (cartoonish?) and this is also consistent with what I've seen in older cigars (e.g. link).

If anyone else has some ideas on this, let me know. These did come from a LCDH but who knows?

20171226_115706.thumb.jpg.f3498575e755a6591987454a885c3673.jpg

20171226_121055.thumb.png.f579ec1a976f37e41c150f4791342ead.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, encephalization said:

If anyone else has some ideas on this, let me know. These did come from a LCDH but who knows?

Hey Dude, 

In no way was questioning them, I just find this detail is always where scammers often slip up. i think they look great, congrats.

Smoked some Upmann Coronas Major from the 1970's the other day, Small format tubos/cello are always a brilliant option. always super sweet. Enjoy

• Like 2

Hey Dude, 
In no way was questioning them, I just find this detail is always where scammers often slip up. i think they look great, congrats.
Smoked some Upmann Coronas Major from the 1970's the other day, Small format tubos/cello are always a brilliant option. always super sweet. Enjoy
Sorry if I came across offended, it was definitely not my intention. I really do appreciate the wealth of knowledge here at FoH and I am glad that people try to highlight potential issues. Threads like this will continue to help out any buyers that are worried.

I've heard a lot of praise for old Upmann tubos, you're a lucky guy! I hope you continue to enjoy them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, encephalization said:

Sorry if I came across offended, it was definitely not my intention. I really do appreciate the wealth of knowledge here at FoH and I am glad that people try to highlight potential issues. Threads like this will continue to help out any buyers that are worried.

I've heard a lot of praise for old Upmann tubos, you're a lucky guy! I hope you continue to enjoy them! emoji271.png

Great comment I totally agree, this forum has been a wonderful resource for me, and It's brilliant that so many others get a great deal from it.

Sadly I only took a few of the Upmanns,  they've found a happy new home a while back. A box of Upmann El Prado arrived a couple of days ago, that I will find hard to let them go. 

• Like 2