Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

4 hours ago, Dmpotocek said:

It’s been a busy few days at the mailbox. 8f3600547b0e898e514920917ee1d3fa.heic
Picked up a pair of HQ Monte 4s to add to the collection
83d3032ca9e6038495a9bea2a80ea0ca.heic
b3524c9a91c36c0bc7f2234f795e28a3.heic
I decided to see what all the hype was about regarding JL2, and picked up a few boxes to test the waters. 7a1ae7479855ac087eadff5f8d3e64b9.heic
489a771e36c537d6e3ad83d7c2add52b.heic
Quite a bit of wrapper variation between the three but they all smell fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might sound odd, but the opportunity to sample different shades of wrapper from presumably the same vintage could prove to be quite fun. Will it be like three different cigars? Probably not - but still fun to see the variation in taste with the variation in wrapper (if any). Enjoy brother!

• Like 1

This might sound odd, but the opportunity to sample different shades of wrapper from presumably the same vintage could prove to be quite fun. Will it be like three different cigars? Probably not - but still fun to see the variation in taste with the variation in wrapper (if any). Enjoy brother!

Actually a pretty cool idea. I’ll definitely give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 13/03/2018 at 7:06 PM, Guantanamera said:

Appears to be the mysterious and ever elusive Sir Winston 2011 GR. Maybe?

Yep, that's the one. Knowing HSA, I thought I was gonna have to wait longer for this one then I actually did, TBH.

Those RASCC look good enough to eat.  
I was tempted to have a nibble, but resisted. They smoke well though.

From 24:24 Tubo day about a month back....absolute beauties! I sat outside and primed each one with a shot of tropical air, they’re ready to marinate.
I noted the code for the Piramides as MSU Sep 17, from the listing. But I now see the Bolis are also MSU. What are the chances these came from the same factory? Slim, I’d think. Did I get it wrong? Did anyone else get the code for the Cohibas?
IMG_8949.thumb.JPG.4b07b52da53e0e2ddae5087b06418526.JPG
IMG_8950.thumb.JPG.e5ee3c324669b183aa8e9ee578455b17.JPG

I have a box of Partagas D5 also with MSU factory code (Jun 17). Bolivar, Cohiba, and Partagas all rolled at the same factory? I guess anything is possible with HSA.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

5aad9463d864e_2018-03-1518_48_08.thumb.jpg.0c350ded52f1e73e29b6c024ca1ac1bb.jpg

I simply had to pick these up when they were recently made available! SOM Jun 16 Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Prince, discontinued in January 2017.

I just got a box with the same code, they look great. Get um while you can!

• Like 1

From 24:24 Tubo day about a month back....absolute beauties! I sat outside and primed each one with a shot of tropical air, they’re ready to marinate. I noted the code for the Piramides as MSU Sep 17, from the listing. But I now see the Bolis are also MSU. What are the chances these came from the same factory? Slim, I’d think. Did I get it wrong? Did anyone else happen to get the code for the Cohibas? IMG_8949.thumb.JPG.4b07b52da53e0e2ddae5087b06418526.JPG IMG_8950.thumb.JPG.e5ee3c324669b183aa8e9ee578455b17.JPG   

Anything is possible with HSA, indeed! Box codes I've seen for the Piramides have been MSU, LUB, BRE, SMU, TEO, UER, LGR. As far as both the Boli 1's and the Piramides being made at the same factory, it sort of makes sense based on past trends. MSU (previously ETP, ULA) is Partagas, I believe, which happens to roll a fair amount of figurados (belicosos/pyramides, etc)  such as the BBF, Partagas P2, and apparently some Cohiba Piramides. Boli 1's I've seen have mostly come from Partagas codes as well (for whatever reason) such as MSU, ETP, and ULA. I have a ULA box from 2015 I'm working on that has a lighter wrapper but is really lovely - one of my favorite boxes in the humi. Also of note, the other big factory that roles a lot of pyamides is H. Upmann (BRE, MEG, LUB), which rolls the H. Upmann No. 2 as well as the VR Unicos. As mentioned above, LGR (La Corona, previously TOS) rolls some Cohiba Piramides as well as the SCdlH La Puntas.  Clear as mud!  Cheers!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mrmessy said:

From a 24:24. The cigars are packed tightly in there. Hopefully they are good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

One in the middle of the pack should be wrapped in tissue. Take that one out first and the rest will be easy to remove.

One in the middle of the pack should be wrapped in tissue. Take that one out first and the rest will be easy to remove.
Thanks. How are they to smoke? Should i let it age a bit before smoking?

17 hours ago, Islandboy said:

What are the chances these came from the same factory? Slim, I’d think. Did I get it wrong?

11 hours ago, awkwardPause said:

Anything is possible with HSA, indeed!

It's Tabacuba, the production branch. But basically, that's right. Not every vitola is (always) being made at its mother factory. Actually, there are very few vitolas that seem to be always exclusively rolled there. E.g. the Lanceros has only (mostly) been rolled al EL afaik, but recently, we see two parallel factory codes, MOL and UAO. La Gloria Cubana MdO4 has been exclusively made at Partagas for years (actually all the MdOs were). The MSU code seems indeed to be the current Partagas code, with a switch from ETP in MAY/JUN 17.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, mrmessy said:

Haven't smoked one, I'm letting them age.

49 minutes ago, mrmessy said:

Good cigars, but they are quite moist and "oil"-laden when fresh. This is very rich and hygroscopic tobacco (not familiar with the current batches, but I suppose this remains to be the case - assuming this is new production?). These are truly made for long-term aging, and they will profit a lot from it. So, either just let them sit untouched for 5-plus (plus...) years - or, when wanting to sample now, get cigars to smoke out of the jar a bit in advance. Let them rest open in your humidor for acclimatization, or perhaps even dry-box for at least one, two weeks. Otherwise it will be a rather acrid experience. And smoke them slowly.

• Like 1