Your latest CC Purchase?

49 minutes ago, Slyclient said:

What box code is this on. I too purchased some recent No2's. Curious if mine have the same potential you are referring to.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TRU OCT 2017.  Nice firm pack, excellent construction, medium full, twang, salt, shortbread, and a touch of nuttiness.

nowhere near ready ready, but you can taste all the building blocks

• Like 1

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

TRU OCT 2017.  Nice firm pack, excellent construction, medium full, twang, salt, shortbread, and a touch of nuttiness.
nowhere near ready ready, but you can taste all the building blocks
Mine are BRE Oct 2017. The look very similar to yours. I may try one soom.

6 minutes ago, Slyclient said:

Mine are BRE Oct 2017. The look very similar to yours. I may try one soom.

Yep, why not, It was enjoyable, and with cigars it's always exciting to know what you've got, and where its going

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ciscojohansson said:

Singels night:

20180325_140829.thumb.jpg.c89dc6fc074fe64a8cc52576edba7b4a.jpg

Oh dear, how do I rotate the picture? Anyway, I picked up some singel sticks the other day and got some nice Siglo VI at an airport. Should have bought more...

If uploading from a mobile phone and the image is oriented correctly on said phone, then make an edit prior to uploading.  Maybe crop the sides or somehing. You can edit your post and upload the edited photo and delete the inverted one. 

1 hour ago, BuzzArd said:

If uploading from a mobile phone and the image is oriented correctly on said phone, then make an edit prior to uploading.  Maybe crop the sides or somehing. You can edit your post and upload the edited photo and delete the inverted one. 

If you take a picture you know you are going to post, take it with the phone camera oriented verticaly, top to bottom. Like your home button is on the bottom. Then crop it.  If you snap horizontally or with the home button on the top, the devise will correct the image and it'll post side ways or upside down. 

39 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

I normally ditch the cardboard, but double check the code is also on the bottom of the box. I ended up raiding my own bins at 6am on the day of rubbish collection, after realising there was no code on the bottom the box.

It's not on the box itself. Guess I'll be keeping the cardboard. Thanks for the heads up!

Just now, MooseAMuffin said:

It's not on the box itself. Guess I'll be keeping the cardboard. Thanks for the heads up!

Bin-raiding avoided! ? I normally just scribble the code on the bottom with a marker pen. But then I don’t trade boxes. I guess if you want to trade down the line, keeping the cardboard is a safer bet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Bin-raiding avoided! ? I normally just scribble the code on the bottom with a marker pen. But then I don’t trade boxes. I guess if you want to trade down the line, keeping the cardboard is a safer bet.

Good idea with the marker. Wish they'd stamp the boxes instead. Seems like a flipper could do a cardboard swap and date some sticks older than they are.

How long do you like to age your 898s? I'm pulling 5 out and sitting the rest for at least 6 months.

2 minutes ago, MooseAMuffin said:

Good idea with the marker. Wish they'd stamp the boxes instead. Seems like a flipper could do a cardboard swap and date some sticks older than they are.

How long do you like to age your 898s? I'm pulling 5 out and sitting the rest for at least 6 months.

I’ve only got one box - AUM FEB 14 - an HQ from our host. Every time I dip back in, they are better. And they were pretty darn good ROTT. I plan to smoke this box over the next few years. I’m a sporadic smoker, so probably not the best guy to ask, but I was advised to be patient with 898s, as their scope for improvement is very good.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, awkwardPause said:

GEA NOV 07

Smells wonderful and pungent still. Got to love this packaging!

?

Yeah I wanted a pickmeup last night. Opened my 898 boxes and was hit with that blast of blissful aroma. Hedonic ecstasy. 

• Like 1