Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

4 minutes ago, MooseAMuffin said:

Woa, had no idea that Cuban cigarettes existed. Are they a lot different from other brands?

Stronger. American cigs are made of what’s legally classified as ‘reconstituted sheet tobacco’ (paper soaked in tobacco juice and other chemicals). These appear to actually be real tobacco. Anyone who knows better than me, please chime in and correct me if necessary. I would imagine they don’t have facilities in cuba for producing reconstituted sheet tobacco, and instead use the scraps of tobacco from cigar/cigarillo production 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cep said:

heh. i did not know that american cigs were made that way.  I just assumed it was actual tobacco.

Nope. Far as I know, american sprits are the only taylor made american cigarettes (excluding rolling tobacco, that is) that are made from actual tobacco. Not exactly the best tobacco, though...

On 3/26/2018 at 7:15 PM, MooseAMuffin said:

Got my first box of 898s. From our host. Never had a box come in cardboard. I'm guessing I remove the cardboard and only put the wood box in my humidor?20180326_181001.thumb.jpg.229ebc503c243cc7291fe3d24adab891.jpg

898s are to me the quintessential Habano - down to my last 12-14 or so. I save the cardboard for other uses.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 12:06 PM, cfc1016 said:

More 2008 898s. Couple ‘a cracked feet, but c’est la vie when shipping  10yo sticks in freezing weather, I suppose. 

Despite sitting in a cold mailbox all day, the smell still hit me like a punch in the face when I opened the box. Utterly spectacular. 

Wow!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 7:15 PM, MooseAMuffin said:

Got my first box of 898s. From our host. Never had a box come in cardboard. I'm guessing I remove the cardboard and only put the wood box in my humidor?20180326_180942.thumb.jpg.a5d22dd12780d48a6da5d50315999b97.jpg

Yeah the 898 style boxes (MDO4s being another prominent example) tend to come with that cardboard outer box. 

I have yet to receive a box of 898Vs that had the box code on the actual wooden box. I just sharpie it onto the bottom of the box so i remember, and ditch the cardboard. 

Smoke atleast one of those while they’re fresh. They’ uber potent young, and will age supremely well, with a broad variety of different stages of change along the way.

Word to the wise... buy every box of 898s you can get your hands on. They’re not exactly constantly available, and you’re going to enjoy each stage of their development. It’s really nice to have them at different ages. 

I have 3 alltime faves (hdm dc and punch black princes on the list as well) but I’d probably have to say the 898 is my desert island cigar.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

I’ve been wanting to try an exquisito. Not too many thin gauge sticks left to enjoy these days

They are delicious with a tremendous finish, very consistent too. The only issues that I've come across with them are the odd one rolled too tightly/plugged. A thin cigar poker is a must in all honesty.

10 minutes ago, Peekay said:

They are delicious with a tremendous finish, very consistent too. The only issues that I've come across with them are the odd one rolled too tightly/plugged. A thin cigar poker is a must in all honesty.

I liberally apply my perfecdraw, pre-light, to any cigar that feels tight on the dry draw. It’s a price I’m happy to pay ?

6 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

I liberally apply my perfecdraw, pre-light, to any cigar that feels tight on the dry draw. It’s a price I’m happy to pay ?

I hear that..I use the modus tool, I've lost count of the amount of money its saved over time. Paid for itself 50 x times over! and I love the nubber :)

3 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

Two new boxes for the collection. One high end. One cheap and cheerful. Both badass!

Partagás Serie No.1 Edición Limitada 2017

ATE OCT 17

RASCC

ULA JUN 15

Pretty good cigar day in my house. 

Cheers all!

20180329_202111.jpg

20180329_162156.jpg

20180329_162254.jpg

Either your hand is tiny, or that Party is GIANT! Or the camera angle is playing tricks on us.

• Haha 3

On March 27, 2018 at 7:57 PM, Arctic Dude said:

Picked up these two little lonely stragglers in Toronto last week...

IMG_5027.thumb.JPG.91d6dcc831f0d0013c99ee418c452fd3.JPG

Have you tried this cigar yet? Sounds Awsome never knew companies can do this.  Maybe make my own cigar like KSA

• Like 1