Your latest CC Purchase?

Wow. Thank you so much for posting! What's the plan with these if you don't mind me asking? Let them all age for a long time?

The plan is to smoke the regionals and use this as my desktop/singles humidor. I am running a bunch of coolers and two cabinet humidors and it’s a pain to dig through them all the time.

The cigars in them are all at least 7 years old so don’t really need further aging. The Fonsecas I’ve had before and to be perfectly honest, I wasn’t a big fan but let’s see. The Punch Royals are very good and I’ll just refill my partial cab. The others I’ve actually not had before which was part of the reason for buying this piece.

Thanks all for the kind words!
  • Like 1

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

2 hours ago, ayepatz said:

Yup. The conclusion was that TAECCLL was, at best guess, Nov 99. CC represents 99 in the NETAGIDOCU code, but in other codes from 99 the LL comes after TAE, and in those codes, that represents Nov. It’s a punt, but as close as I can get.

@gojira, going by the same thinking, and referring to @CaptainQuintero‘s list, with your ES replacing my LL, that would seem to indicate Jun 99, as @Lotusguy said. Again, just a punt, but best I can offer.

13 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Transitional code from mid-99 is my take. Probably June.

BTW, sorry no pics of the contents of my new Belux humidor yet - power has been out here since early this morning and the lights suck when running the generator.

11 hours ago, Fugu said:

Partagas, June '99. The code is a mix of the two codes running in parallel at that time. Should read either ESOO or CCUI, but the mixing is also not a rare sighting (well, it's Partagas... :rolleyes::D ).

Congrats, they are looking nice!

2 hours ago, ayepatz said:

Yup. The conclusion was that TAECCLL was, at best guess, Nov 99. CC represents 99 in the NETAGIDOCU code, but in other codes from 99 the LL comes after TAE, and in those codes, that represents Nov. It’s a punt, but as close as I can get.

@gojira, going by the same thinking, and referring to @CaptainQuintero‘s list, with your ES replacing my LL, that would seem to indicate Jun 99, as @Lotusguy said. Again, just a punt, but best I can offer.

Thank you for your help gents! Much appreciated as I couldn't make sense of this code. ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

The plan is to smoke the regionals and use this as my desktop/singles humidor. I am running a bunch of coolers and two cabinet humidors and it’s a pain to dig through them all the time.

The cigars in them are all at least 7 years old so don’t really need further aging. The Fonsecas I’ve had before and to be perfectly honest, I wasn’t a big fan but let’s see. The Punch Royals are very good and I’ll just refill my partial cab. The others I’ve actually not had before which was part of the reason for buying this piece.

Thanks all for the kind words! 

Oh very cool! I didn't know they already had 7 years on them. Did you find the Fonseca's to be too mild? That seems to be the beef people have with them. I actually love Fonseca, especially the #1's. I seem to be one of the last people out there that enjoys the mild side of Cuba ?

Beautiful humidor too! I love the idea you have for it. Thanks again for all the details. I'm trying to learn more about all these collectables ?

Beautiful sheen on this box of Monte Open Juniors, EPM Mar 18, first time I've purchased these.  Had one ROTT tonight at my Friday evening hangout with cigar buddies.  What can I say, I really like them. 

No need to be ashamed - it’s basically the only cigar my wife likes :)

I’m just shocked that you got such fresh production. Most places are still selling 2010s.
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

No need to be ashamed - it’s basically the only cigar my wife likes :)

I’m just shocked that you got such fresh production. Most places are still selling 2010s.

Yeah I was amazed too, it was from another vendor.  Any idea how those 2010s taste like now if properly aged?

Yeah I was amazed too, it was from another vendor.  Any idea how those 2010s taste like now if properly aged?

We’ve actually never had any that were newer than 2010 so not sure how they taste fresh. I think they aren’t as bland or light as people make them out to be. In fact, I find them pretty similar to Monte 5..
  • Like 1

I’ve never had a bad Open, and all my CC smoking friends love them. I don’t understand why they get no love here. 

I have a box of Monte Open Regatta that confirms popular opinion here ;)

No complaints about the junior, though.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

We’ve actually never had any that were newer than 2010 so not sure how they taste fresh. I think they aren’t as bland or light as people make them out to be. In fact, I find them pretty similar to Monte 5..

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to discussing it on the daily smoke subforum! 

12 minutes ago, liquid360 said:

The recent 15% off everything sale was put to good use on a beautiful Cab of Hoyo Double Coronas. Beautiful cigars at an unheard price emoji4.png I emoji3590.png FOH.

dc3ba95fd9cc10e439270d203fc0a6c3.jpg

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF IT!  ?  After you finish it, you've got yourself a new end table!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1