Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

2 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:
First auction purchase. I am a big fan of the Lonsdale format. The varnished box is so key for aging, the smell of these was AMAZING!!! Hate the damn stickers. 
I just might throw one of these babies in the [mention=6174]FatherOfPugs[/mention] boxpass...we’ll see. 

Stickers should come off. Just use a hair dryer to heat them as you peel.

21 hours ago, Gamehawker said:
I received yesterday two boxes of one of my favorite cigars; H.Upmann Connoisseur A. 
I got both of these boxes on last Month sale from a well-known CC vendor and using their Father’s Day Discount Coupon (I have two accounts with this vendor and could use the one time discount code twice) each of these boxes only cost $218.  For a total of $436 for both boxes.  
And as you can see the box code on both boxes is “BRE OCT 18” (H.Upmann Factory code).
The wrappers on both boxes look amazing and the smell is very intoxicating.  
i can’t believe what an amazing price I got for these two boxes of fabulous cigars. 
I will put them away for at least 3 years before I smoke one out of these boxes. 

Great price, I think I normally pay around 204 in Havana. I have some from NOV 2013 and they are fabulous. Good idea to let them age a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LLC said:

Stickers should come off. Just use a hair dryer to heat them as you peel.

With ten year old boxes, I haven’t had that experience. Newer ones, yes. On this one the heat did nothing. I ended up peeling all the surface paper off, then letting a solvent penetrate the glue, then a lot of elbow grease. Of course, the cigars are in the humidor for all this process. 

A2E48F5D-F1A8-4587-8B90-F082EE1A831B.thumb.jpeg.df9defdc9fd5b23096fcba61f0e28672.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Markspring1978 said:

With ten year old boxes, I haven’t had that experience. Newer ones, yes. On this one the heat did nothing. I ended up peeling all the surface paper off, then letting a solvent penetrate the glue, then a lot of elbow grease. Of course, the cigars are in the humidor for all this process. 

A2E48F5D-F1A8-4587-8B90-F082EE1A831B.thumb.jpeg.df9defdc9fd5b23096fcba61f0e28672.jpeg

Congrats on the auction that had the highest envy factor. I have about 8-9 8-9-8s left from 2014 and fear it may be my last box the way the prices on these are heading. That is sad enough considering the 8-9-8s are a dying format in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HDGSN said:

Congrats on the auction that had the highest envy factor. I have about 8-9 8-9-8s left from 2014 and fear it may be my last box the way the prices on these are heading. That is sad enough considering the 8-9-8s are a dying format in general.

True that! I will snap up as many boxes of 8-9-8’s as I can. I’ve smoked 3 fresh ones out of 1 of my boxes and just WOW. They’re already spectacular. 

One of my all-time great finds. I’m totally ecstatic about this one. In fact, until they showed up today, I was pretty pessimistic that they would actually make it to Montana. 
Des Dieux= “Of the gods”. Definitely how I would describe them. 
I might just amend my puts that I just sent to [mention=6174]FatherOfPugs[/mention] for the handicapped box pass to throw one of these babies in there. 
747E0F94-6C32-41ED-9306-6B637FDF5022.thumb.jpeg.40c3ea28be03a986593dcec7c501032a.jpeg
E489D5CF-6C69-4876-A5C8-5D0A9E586EA5.thumb.jpeg.54010eee2580353ddbaf7984baf0b696.jpeg
6332A8F9-5BEB-4163-B864-4C5F85AB3782.thumb.jpeg.fdce5243aaf3dce10f65dcf7574aa878.jpeg

Ah! So that’s the date code they carry. I wasn’t sure...