Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

On 9/7/2019 at 1:27 AM, Bri Fi said:

@db13 have you been having issues? I haven’t all year until a couple five count boxes of UAO partagas E2s cleared customs in LA and I haven’t heard from them in almost two weeks. Called the post office and they are looking into it. 

The Post Office won't help you.  They're being sent back.  You'll need to have them re-sent as I think the issue now has been sorted out.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JohnS said:

MSU Jun 2017 La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.4's...

1889595608_2019-09-0713_33_43.thumb.jpg.6379d51aeba5afb07ffe47fdefd6052f.jpg133871526_2019-09-0713_32_43.thumb.jpg.09f4efd1b888f5ab6d7c914f3fc359f9.jpg1008850103_2019-09-0713_34_51.thumb.jpg.2a6a63ecfbaff06edfefbf79daa0388a.jpg597971769_2019-09-0713_37_37.thumb.jpg.35a78181abb0b97e2c917980fc675640.jpg

@JohnS I'm a bit surprised at the text in English printed on the box itself.  Is this present on other cigars and I'm just not paying close enough attention?  I'd assume Spanish is prevalent on boxes, and I know the insert in each box is in both languages, but I assumed that might vary geographically.

Printing on a wooden box though, that seems unique and probably lacks an ability to translate per region.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TTP21 said:

@JohnS I'm a bit surprised at the text in English printed on the box itself.  Is this present on other cigars and I'm just not paying close enough attention?  I'd assume Spanish is prevalent on boxes, and I know the insert in each box is in both languages, but I assumed that might vary geographically.

Printing on a wooden box though, that seems unique and probably lacks an ability to translate per region.

I think this is an excellent question. My best educated guess, without researching the matter more deeply, is that different marcas had different presentation methods for their brands and vitolas Pre-Revolution (prior to 1962) and some of this may have carried over Post-Revolution (1962 onwards). An example of this is Rafael Gonzalez which has English writing on the inner lid of the dress box cajoling the buyer to smoke the product contained therein within 30 days or let it rest and mature for at least 12 months (I am paraphrasing here...but that is the gist of what is written).

If you go to the La Gloria Cubana brand page on Cuban Cigar Website you can see the same writing printed on a LGC Medaille d'Or No.4 box from the 1970s, under the Standard Production Packaging Heading...

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand/la-gloria-cubana

Also, I just did a search and found some images of La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.2 and No.3 boxes with the same writing!

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=la+gloria+cubana+medaille+d%27or+box&t=ffnt&atb=v120-1&iax=images&ia=images

However, I have a dress box of La Gloria Cubana Tainos from 2009. This does not have the insert writing in English.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdDog said:

I have a box of LGC MdO4’s with the same box code and can confirm that it is the same as Johns with the text actually printed on the box. I was also surprised when the box first showed up, and the box code is only printed on the outer cardboard box not the actual varnished box that holds the cigars.

This is pretty typical for this sort of packaging.

Off the top of my head, and if memory serves, Partagas 898s, HU Sir Winstons, Cohiba CCEs and Lanceros all follow the same convention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1