Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

5 minutes ago, Viva Vegas said:

My first cuba trip, I know I might take a beating for buying selectos but I tried them and thought right away what a good stick when working in the yard. I wanted to try a little of this and that. Tried several when I was there and now have another list for trip number 2 early next year. Nacional and Parque cigar shops are the best , trip the girls well they do us a great service. ?

IMG_20190913_073627.jpg

Looks like a great haul to me........congrats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is pretty typical for this sort of packaging.

Off the top of my head, and if memory serves, Partagas 898s, HU Sir Winstons, Cohiba CCEs and Lanceros all follow the same convention. 

No they have now moved to printing on both carton and the actual boxes with lanceros, SW, genios etc. Can’t comment on 898 but those other have them on the box too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

No they have now moved to printing on both carton and the actual boxes with lanceros, SW, genios etc. Can’t comment on 898 but those other have them on the box too.

Good to know, thanks.

I just checked my boxes, and as of last year, 898s are only stamped on the carton, but the boxes are varnished top and bottom, so it makes sense that they aren't stamping them.

I guess I need to buy some newer high end stuff...for knowledge, of course. :D 

• Like 1

This is pretty typical for this sort of packaging.

Off the top of my head, and if memory serves, Partagas 898s, HU Sir Winstons, Cohiba CCEs and Lanceros all follow the same convention. 

A little something arrived on my porch today....
20190914_175722.thumb.jpg.816c2020db52b3fed6093da1a08fb44f.jpg
20190914_180617.thumb.jpg.5d19c94b02c8f6afb2c357c9e653bb7e.jpg
20190914_175846.thumb.jpg.3a9c8f978ca80e9fbeba9abf32a9854f.jpg
20190914_175811.thumb.jpg.43d998044d330fbf14aa78c764546a46.jpg
Was that the batch that was sold before it went up for sale?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Nice!
I have seen UAO which is laguito and MOL lanceros. Wonder when they started to make lanceros outside of laguito? Or maybe that’s the new laguito. But I have genios from sept 17 MOL and UAO jul 18 CoLa. emoji2369.png

I'm starting to think MOL is a new Laguito code. I've seen Espys with that code too. Arguably Lanceros are the hardest vitola to roll, so I just can't fathom them letting anyone but the best roll them. Who knows.

I'm starting to think MOL is a new Laguito code. I've seen Espys with that code too. Arguably Lanceros are the hardest vitola to roll, so I just can't fathom them letting anyone but the best roll them. Who knows.

That’s what I was thinking, but doesn’t make much sense as MOL was a 17-18 code. Now 19.

20 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

That’s what I was thinking, but doesn’t make much sense as MOL was a 17-18 code. Now 19.

True, but whats to say MOL wasn't a secondary UAO code that entire time?  Cuba being Cuba maybe lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

So I bought a box of DIC 18 Lanceros that had MOL stamped on the wooden box, and UAO on the cardboard outer! This was from a super reliable vendor, bought in person at the store. Most obvious explanation is someone at the store switched the outer box (accidentally or deliberately). But maybe it happened in Cuba? Fwiw they are gorgeous, and the one I smoked (too young, too young) was brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1