Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

2 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

I thought these changed to long filler a few years back?  Maybe I just dreamed that lol

I’m not a big PL guy, so don’t quote me, but they all became tripa larga except the panatelas. 

Short filler doesn’t necessarily take away anything.  My favorite cheap and cheerful is LFDC Selectos.

18 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

I’m not a big PL guy, so don’t quote me, but they all became tripa larga except the panatelas. 

Short filler doesn’t necessarily take away anything.  My favorite cheap and cheerful is LFDC Selectos.

Good tobacco is good tobacco...even the off-cuts, no? I've smoked enough Cohiba Shorts in the last year to 100% concur with your statement and my box of PL Panatelas a few years back was just as 'caramel' as my Montecarlos smokes have been lately.

I'd suggest you buy up on those La Flor de Cano Selectos, they've been listed as discontinued in 2019. Check out the 5th Avenue list image within this thread.

18 hours ago, Jonboy4074 said:

No, they changed to hand rolled from machine rolled. Have always been short filler.

Yes, that's correct.

52 minutes ago, ohbob976 said:

hope they have some life left in them ?‍♂️

You'll be surprised, super old tubos marry the best of vintage mellow flavour, but retain their nicotine zing.   Make sure you do a review.  Congratulations.

Claro Claro on the bottom?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99call said:

You'll be surprised, super old tubos marry the best of vintage mellow flavour, but retain their nicotine zing.   Make sure you do a review.  Congratulations.

Claro Claro on the bottom?

Actually just smoked one. Couldn’t wait. Was shocked how flavorful and powerful they were, you’re absolutely right about the nicotine. Was taken aback by the nicotine rush I was getting. 
flavor profile reminded me more of Ramon or RyJ. Had a cherry/fruit complexity going for it. Didn’t totally blow me away or anything but was a really nice smoke. 
not sure about Claro claro I’ll check later. Would that be the color of the wrapper? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jbhunter223 said:

The last box I’ve been waiting on. Love the Du prince, figured it was about time I tried these. 

16B51649-A07D-40DB-90F0-194E4F23CEED.jpeg

106366DD-2C0C-414D-9101-D8AEF077B151.jpeg

Report back, I'm a Hoyo whore, and these have always interested me because just a slight bit bigger than my beloved Prince, just haven't pulled the trigger on em yet. 

28 minutes ago, irratebass said:

Report back, I'm a Hoyo whore, and these have always interested me because just a slight bit bigger than my beloved Prince, just haven't pulled the trigger on em yet. 

Will do Mickey!   I couldn’t find any good comparisons between the two so i figured I’d buy some and compare myself. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jbhunter223 said:

Will do Mickey!   I couldn’t find any good comparisons between the two so i figured I’d buy some and compare myself. 

Yeah, I've been watching them and just waiting for a sale then bam jumping on em 

Report back, I'm a Hoyo *****, and these have always interested me because just a slight bit bigger than my beloved Prince, just haven't pulled the trigger on em yet. 
They are smaller than prince.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prodigy said:

They are smaller than prince.

Whaaaaaat?????? Smaller? I always thought they were a tad bigger

Whaaaaaat?????? Smaller? I always thought they were a tad bigger

Prince: 40ga x 5.12"

Depute: 38ga x 4.4"

I just put one of each into the box pass. I instantly knew the answer because I had to look up which one was which when I went to make labels for them haha. Both are good, I wish I had been around when the prince were still available.