Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

31 minutes ago, Gamehawker said:

I would call that mold!!! Yuck!!!?

Yep, and looks like it's in the feet even......I wouldn't smoke those.....sorry man. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Yep, and looks like it's in the feet even......I wouldn't smoke those.....sorry man. 

Agreed... were these from the PCC aged program?
  • Sad 2

Yes.  The PCC aged sales.  Here’s another photo of the feet.  So are you guys saying these are ruined and no good?  60045A9F-401F-4C82-B714-FAF8884F4907.thumb.jpeg.94324a8a56859522b13f88e4dffeeebd.jpeg

I’m looking at it on my phone - don’t really see mold on the feet in that picture. I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to tell yourself if there is or there isn’t since you have the sticks in hand. If there is, I personally wouldn’t smoke them. I am perfectly fine with wiping and smoking if there is some light mold on the wrapper of a cigar. I draw the line at mold at the foot.

Oh puhleez... nothing a damp towel or shaving brush wouldn’t wipe off. Any tobacconist would wipe that off before selling, I doubt El Pres or his employees have the time to do these things. Want to pay x2 the price for that service, go ahead...
A year or two ago members on here called it Plume and welcomed it. The cigar OCD is in high gear this weekend.

The point is you ARE paying twice the price for PCC aged. I would expect at least an above average quality at that price point. I never believed in “plume”, by the way.
  • Like 2

Maybe my math is wrong but depending on the popularity on the cigar it’s about a 25% to 40% mark-up compared to the HQ/PSP offerings on 24:24. That’s if you can even find cigars older than 2 years old  on most of the online marketplaces, and in my experiences, you can’t... The PCC program is an incredible value. A little white mold dust? It’s expected especially the boxes in the June-August period. El Pres explained this a few months back, I don’t have the patience or time to go digging up that thread to repost.

“Incredible value” to some... you’re entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine. Also, HQ/PSP are already a premium to regular stock.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, db13 said:

The cigars are perfectly fine. It’s blue mold that would be of concern.

The reason why 'early stage' white mould isn't an issue is precisely that it usually shows up on the cap.......then the wrapper.......then foot......and lastly doubles back and travels up inside the cigar.   When on the cap/wrapper, it's obviously easily wiped off,   but anyone dry brushing mould of the foot of a cigar is kidding themselves, that there ism't mold now inside the cigar.  

There is a difference between something that is not a problem, if caught early and remedied................and something that has progressed to a degree that cannot be reversed, because you cannot physically get to it.

• Like 3

And now for something completely different...(than mold)....
BTW, I’d smoke those dusty little buggers...but that’s just one fearless fool's opinion.
fullsizeoutput_44c.thumb.jpeg.438824e41c75306ca7a8a4fbfd167205.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_44d.thumb.jpeg.9274e02ba3c75e65a8932518b636f2e9.jpeg

What’s the box number? Just curious how far along they are with shipping these.

59 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

What’s the box number? Just curious how far along they are with shipping these.

Didn’t even realize there was a number, how uncivilized of me?

28B2E8A1-A2C4-4320-AB19-20FC1291DFD4.thumb.jpeg.d09f1663674125313bbb62dff215f66d.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CptGoodTimes said:

Yes.  The PCC aged sales.  Here’s another photo of the feet.  So are you guys saying these are ruined and no good?  60045A9F-401F-4C82-B714-FAF8884F4907.thumb.jpeg.94324a8a56859522b13f88e4dffeeebd.jpeg

No, these cigars look perfectly fine.  Like someone said above, a while back the “dusting” was considered “plume”, which was very desirable.  I even still have cigars like that.  Was just making light out of the situation, in regards to the sugarcane...

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, CptGoodTimes said:

Yes.  The PCC aged sales.  Here’s another photo of the feet.  So are you guys saying these are ruined and no good?  

My PCC aged d4s had one cigar with more mold than any other--my solution--smoke it immediately!       It was very good.    I am confident the rest of the smokes will be even better.

21 hours ago, CptGoodTimes said:

Nope, after you posted this pic these look ok afterall........enjoy man

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, juri said:

from 2011 picked up on FoHauction, tried to peel off the warning... as you can see didn't go so well ?

If you don’t want to use heat or chemicals, spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the label and let it sit for a couple hours. It will then come right off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:42 PM, CptGoodTimes said:

Looks to me like some nasty mold on the feet of a few of those cigars and I not even think about smoking them let alone putting them with my other cigars.

I have boxes of cigars that are over 8 -11 years old and look perfectly aged.

These cigars have obviously been mishandled and over humidified (and probably high temps too) for a long time while been stored/aged.

I would not smoke them and I would ask for a refund and return them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1