Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

On 11/8/2019 at 5:46 AM, Markspring1978 said:

The story isn’t all that interesting. A collector in Europe had these and decided to sell them. He has a number of boxes like this that are pretty incredible. We haggled for a while, I was able to get some tubos from the 70s with these as well. One of which is a 1974 Churchill Tubo, that should be interesting. 

I am an absolute whore for 50 cabs, especially discontinued ones. This one is interesting for a couple of reasons. As already stated, this is the JFK cigar of choice. It’s an interesting selection for a President. It’s really opposite of Winston Churchill and his ubiquitous Julieta #2s. The Petit Upmann is a small, machine rolled smoke on the other end of the spectrum. Regardless, the story of Pierre Salinger acquiring over a thousand of these, the night before the embargo has always been interesting to me. I’m a big fan of HU, and although I have reservations about machine rolled cigars, they are probably disparaged unfairly. This was a historic box unlike any of my other 50 cabs. 

The aroma of these blew me away, really it took my breath away. My biggest challenge now is what to do with them. Breaking up the 50 cab seems to be a crime, but I’m sure I will in the next 6 months or so. Maybe one of these will find their way into a future box pass. 

Dude, smoke thru this cab. Life is short

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2019 at 1:59 PM, Tstew75 said:

Found some OG release Liberadors & some Piramides with age. The one with the cracked head is getting smoked tonight lol 

3F8AAA56-360E-4BD7-9E17-BA5A6A6643F7.jpeg

How did that go? Hope it didn't fall apart on you

On 11/9/2019 at 1:59 PM, Tstew75 said:

1 hour ago, DBeets77 said:

How did that go? Hope it didn't fall apart on you

It went fine. Gave it a careful cut & used a bit more moisture.

Agree I should probably mend it with some cigar glue next time lol

38 minutes ago, VKUTT said:

If you could go back in time to 2003 AND be fabulously wealthy! 

They cost a fraction in 2003 of what they cost today.

BTW- I got these from @Lotusguy. If you ever have a chance to deal with Claus, he is the best. Deal with confidence. 

• Like 1