Your latest CC Purchase?

How are these?  Anything you’d compare them to?  Been thinking about getting some since they’re so cheap.  

I tried one today with no rest; I would say it’s difficult to give them a fair rating with acclimation but they were decent. Not great but had some pleasant flavor of fruit/twang aftertaste. Kinda like a cheap and cheerful Romeo y Julieta. If you are looking for a cheap smoke it doesn’t seem to bad of a value. But I will have to re-evaluate when properly acclimated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

5 hours ago, tigger said:

Picking these up while I still can...

Good call.  Just pulled the trigger on a box from another popular site.  One of the last two they had stocked, and who knows when (if) they'll resurface. 

4 hours ago, FrancisK7 said:

Should it be considered odd that they used standard band C on 2014 cigars when standard band C was discontinued in 2013 when they switched to standard band D?

No. When bands are updated the obsolete stock is used up until they are completely deleted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/7/2020 at 12:50 PM, FrancisK7 said:

Should it be considered odd that they used standard band C on 2014 cigars when standard band C was discontinued in 2013 when they switched to standard band D?

Just checked the Cigar Aficionado archives.  There are examples of Monte 3 sporting standard band C up until NOV '16.  The first monte 3 shown with standard band D is DIC '16 (not sure why they reviewed two so close together... maybe for the top 25 list?).  Other vitolas are shown with standard band D in 2014 (edmundo for example), so perhaps they had a surplus of standard band C in the small/med RG size and continued to use them until they ran out. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JayHabanos said:

C305A884-8193-4257-95FF-664DD70AD9A8.jpg
E11ADF19-CC9D-41D9-AB56-0735B172C20C.jpg
43A3E95F-A687-4DD1-A2FA-F2F830C2BDB0.jpg
Palmas Extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look nice. 

Was thinking of getting some to try-do they resemble any other Hoyo in profile?

Thanks 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 10:15 PM, The Squiggler said:

Just checked the Cigar Aficionado archives.  There are examples of Monte 3 sporting standard band C up until NOV '16.  The first monte 3 shown with standard band D is DIC '16 (not sure why they reviewed two so close together... maybe for the top 25 list?).  Other vitolas are shown with standard band D in 2014 (edmundo for example), so perhaps they had a surplus of standard band C in the small/med RG size and continued to use them until they ran out. 

Their pics are mostly just for illustration. Don't derive too much specific info from it.