Your latest CC Purchase?

1 hour ago, Fugu said:

Their pics are mostly just for illustration. Don't derive too much specific info from it.

Yeah, they definitely reuse their photos for subsequent reviews, but I figured they'd update the picture whenever the band changed (since they did it for other Monte vitolas).  I mean... they even went through the trouble of photoshopping this esplendido to give it a nice rosado hue:

322034883_ScreenShot2020-02-09at6_14_42PM.thumb.png.2b38bdd346a33ccbe1061a145bd3a521.png

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

36 minutes ago, fitzy said:

wow I thought myself and my buddy were the only ones that were going through this. image.png.23312aa64e20c054403a9677457b40fd.png

There is some leeway when you consider Wrapper, Construction, Aroma at Cold ALL play a part in the grading.  Wrappers aren't the only thing considered but if you feel there is an issue I've never had a problem querying through the proper channels.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to snag a box of PSP sir Winston.....they were not overly impressive looking on first arrival. After 2 months rest at 66% they look gorgeous. I figured they might look like I feel after a long travel, and I was correct. Takes some patience. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

If you don't think they are up to your standards, shoot me a message and I'll  buy them from you, never been disappointed with the quality I receive from FOH.

I have a large number of boxes purchased here and never had an issue.  Had a small blip unrated to the quality of the cigars and it was resolved in less than 30 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Euripidespants said:

I was lucky enough to snag a box of PSP sir Winston.....they were not overly impressive looking on first arrival. After 2 months rest at 66% they look gorgeous. I figured they might look like I feel after a long travel, and I was correct. Takes some patience. 

Same here (but not SWs).  Have also had disappointingly weak wrappers that moteled with some rest and smoked the house down.  Conversely, I've gotten some beautiful shiny wrappers that were "meh" when put to flame.  I've learned not to despair until they've had some time to marinate.  Construction over wrapper every time, in any event.      

• Like 2

Jesus...I’ve been smoking and buying habanos for over 20 yrs and this is by far the best vendor I’ve ever used. Hell, they have an entire forum where they don’t mind ppl posting products from other vendors.

again...put the the damn box in the humidor for 90 days and see what it looks like. If you are ever unhappy, sell it and you’ll probably even make a profit. 

Notice the bitching posts haven’t been deleted? Can you think of a single vendor that would allow that and respond to you in an open forum? This is a handmade product from a communist country. He selects the best in his opinion and says so when he posts them for sale. Keep things in perspective and even if your mama never told you when to STFU, email the man directly.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Let's leave it there before feelings get hurt :D

Being a public forum keeps us on our toes :spotlight:

We would ship some 20,000 packages a year.  Even if we were exceptional and had a 99% satisfaction rate, that would leave 200 people underwhelmed......and I don't believe we are that exceptional!

If there is ever an issue take it up direct with the team (and that includes me). 

• Like 4

Physics. Oil doesn’t evaporate at standard temperatures...water does. Opinion here...the sheen you see is a combination of humidity with the oils and wrapper quality. A Cuban cigar looks beautiful at 72% but will smoke like shit. At 66% may not be as pretty but quality smoking experience. That’s just my experience. 

40 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

No oils can't disappear in transit 

Little known fact: oils are terrified of flying.  More often than not, a trans-national flight will cause the oils previously visible on the wrapper to recede deep into a cigar's core, only to reappear 30-45 days later.  The idea that decreased moisture content in the wrapper could cause the oils present to lose their sheen is so laughably logical that it simply cannot be true ?

*edit: my wrapper-moisture-content theory (presented above via flippant irony) is, in fact, baseless... seems somewhat reasonable though?