Your latest CC Purchase?

4 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Wait - so oils can disappear during transit and then come back after a resting period ? I am genuinely curious - I always thought once they are gone, they are gone for good.

I have no clue behind the science involved, nor do I want to know, but my observations over the last several years of regular deliveries have been surprisingly consistent - there is an uncanny revival of sheen to at least some extent within even the first week of proper storage following transit, and more over time. I love posting my recent arrivals almost as much as I love viewing those of others...but I’ve learned to take photos only after letting the box rest a week or so. Granted, my transit time is longer than most for reasons I can’t get into, but as I mentioned, the results are almost always predictably the same. It’s really kind of a beautiful thing to observe. This has been my experience anyway...YMMV. 

• Like 1

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

been seeing wonderful REG boxes of punch punch....congrats ..anyone know anything about this factory code?
I've got some lovely looking REG AUG 18 PPs so it's been around for a while is all I can add. I put them away when they arrived a while back and haven't touched 'em.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:06 AM, El Presidente said:

No idea :cigar:

I remember when I first heard of members running their cigars quickly under a tap before lighting them up.  I was sceptical to say the least. 

Then 

The FOHrensic Test

It blew us all away and many of you have started doing it on a regular basis. 

I think we have a new FOHrensic study forming up. 

• 20  members with boxes on their way. 
  • Photograph boxes on arrival (specs will be given)
  • Smoke one ROTT  : Review: Put them away. 
  • 30 days: Photograph Smoke one :Review and Rate : Put them away
  • 60 Days: Photograph Smoke one: Review and Rate: Put them away
  • Write an overview of what you found. 

We will collate the data. Steve will put together the study.

We will call for volunteers later in the month.  All those who successfully complete will receive a $50 voucher :thumbsup:

Already on it @El Presidente took some pictures yesterday of my arrival, smoked one will review and follow set parameters 

7 minutes ago, RDB said:

Those look gorgeous. I have a box of Especial no.2s that looked just the same when fresh, and smoke great.

Anyone know what factory MOL is? They do good work.

I have no idea, but between the Monte Esp. No.1 and 2, Sir Winston, Monte A, Esplendido (among other Cohiba...), they have been excellent!

Also, MOL code has been used in 2017, 18, and 19 thus far.

• Like 1