Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

23 minutes ago, cbaty08 said:

Guess I should be happy they made it after inspection, but I can't say I didn't cringe when I saw the knife cut on this guy. ? RAT NOV 19

IMG_20200623_134423.jpg

Interesting how they let them through! Wonder if they have bigger fish to fry now

• Like 1

Extremely humbled and delighted to receive this beyond generous bomb from [mention=34944]Lrabold89[/mention].  Can't wait to dig into these. Return fire inbound soon! 
IMG_0753.jpg.f2de5ba847c7cb5b62996933aa0c22d0.jpg

Wow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cbaty08 said:

Guess I should be happy they made it after inspection, but I can't say I didn't cringe when I saw the knife cut on this guy. ? RAT NOV 19

IMG_20200623_134423.jpg

I'd say you got by pretty good, although, not unscathed? 

Same thing happened for a couple packages of Dominican cigars I got shipped from a small store in the DR, luckily never had any Cubans checked and slashed en route.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cbaty08 said:

This is the first time I am seeing that they only cut one stick and not the whole box.   Could certainly be worse! I hope they didn't cut the whole bottom row and leave one on the top like that to get your hopes up? 

17 minutes ago, smitte3 said:

luckily never had any Cubans checked and slashed en route.

Knock on wood!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StogieSteve23 said:

This is the first time I am seeing that they only cut one stick and not the whole box.   Could certainly be worse! I hope they didn't cut the whole bottom row and leave one on the top like that to get your hopes up? 

I do honestly think it was an accidental cut - you can see the slash from the outside of the wrapping... so, signs lead to it being unintentional. 
Bottom row is clean. ? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

5er from @Habana Mike arrived today. I surprised to see rare HdM Le Hoyo Du Prince, which I've never seen on 24:24.

The Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Prince was discontinued in 2017. The last time it was offered on 24:24 was at the end of January 2017. I know this because I was with my wife buying a car for her and I was not in time to get a box. They were a 'hot' cigar in 2016 and 24:24 listings of them never lasted long before selling out.

Luckily for me, they were available from other vendors for a time afterwards (interestingly, the H.Upmann Petit Corona was available longer). I will post a review of this cigar in the daily smoking thread in a few weeks for you to get some notes. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

The Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo du Prince was discontinued in 2017. The last time it was offered on 24:24 was at the end of January 2017. I know this because I was with my wife buying a car for her and I was not in time to get a box. They were a 'hot' cigar in 2016 and 24:24 listings of them never lasted long before selling out.

Luckily for me, they were available from other vendors for a time afterwards (interestingly, the H.Upmann Petit Corona was available longer). I will post a review of this cigar in the daily smoking thread in a few weeks for you to get some notes. ?

Thanks JohnS! Never thought about reviewing rare CCs. It'll be my first discontinued CC review for sure! ?

• Like 2