Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

1 hour ago, asudevil08 said:

Is it just on the bands?

The green does appear on the bands only, it appears. There's a tad of white-ness here and there, but the green on the bands is the real sad part here.

Do I just cut off all the bands into the trash, and hope for the best?

IMG_20200707_162131.jpg

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cbaty08 said:

The green does appear on the bands only, it appears. There's a tad of white-ness here and there, but the green on the bands is the real sad part here.

Do I just cut off all the bands into the trash, and hope for the best?

Shoot I'd say you lucked out if all you're potentially tossing are some bands.  I'd check to see if anything seeped through underneath onto the tobacco itself.  Should be ok if nothing is on the cigar.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Take a deep breath and understand that your investment in these cigars have not been lost, I assure you. Variances in temperature and humidity has caused the oxidization on those bands, the cigars themselves are okay and I have every confidence they will smoke okay too. Some further reading for you below...

Thanks. The green doesn't actually seem to be on the cigars themselves.

I suppose I'll just let them rest to see if the green grows at any rate, and cut the bands off then if need be.

Thanks, again, JohnS!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbaty08 said:

PLPCs showed up! Damnit... what is all this green?

edit: am learning it could be due to oxidation - a relief! :P

Those bands must have lead in them and the box of cigars should be disposed of properly. I’ll send my address to ensure it’s done right! 

In actuality beautiful cab with some oxidized bands. Enjoy!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, djrey said:

Those bands must have lead in them and the box of cigars should be disposed of properly. I’ll send my address to ensure it’s done right! 

In actuality beautiful cab with some oxidized bands. Enjoy!!

lol thanks for the laugh! I will one day - these are going down for a long nap. :P 

• Like 1

Just now, KCCubano said:

One of the Hoyos I've wanted to try but haven't. How is construction and draw? 

Only had two so far. Construction seems good. First one had draw a tiny bit tight but smoked ok. Next one was perfect. I'll probably have one or two more. I'll let you know if it is notable.

Smoke time on both was almost exactly 20 minutes. Though I might smoke a bit faster than average on this forum. For comparison the party shorts lasted me 35 minutes.

• Like 1