Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

8 hours ago, prshah25 said:

How are these compared to Perlas?

@prshah25, I'll let you know.  These are my first boxes of RGPC's.  I bought these at the recommendation of @Devo.  He has both the RGPC's and the Perlas.  In the tasting notes he sent me -- the 2017 RGPC was ROTT but, toasted tobacco, leather, walnuts and a slight, salty sweetness on the finish.  His Perlas was from 2011 and his notes said a great 35 minute smoke with nuts, toasted tobacco and tons of thick smoke. The Perlas seems to be a FOH favorite from many of the members.  I prefer the PC format and the RGPC's were also greatly recommended by @Buck14 who says he has more of these than any other CC.

All of the above from the trusted FOH membership was good enough for me to buy two boxes to try!  After a 60 to 90 day rest I'll try one and get back to you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, prshah25 said:

How are these compared to Perlas?

I have the same box code of RGPC and what I can say - for me there is a lot of citrus instead of coffee you can find in Perlas. One of the best PC I've ever smoked

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Haitham Almuzayan said:

What is the meaning of the red sticker ? M new here! 

Generally PSP (highest quality).

Orange sticker HQ (high quality).

But stickers can apparently be more random in colour, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haitham Almuzayan said:

What is the meaning of the red sticker ? M new here! 

The quality ratings described above are given by El Prez upon inspection of boxes, and are listed in the description of each 24:24 offering.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bijan said:

1 hour ago, Islandboy said:

The quality ratings described above are given by El Prez upon inspection of boxes, and are listed in the description of each 24:24 offering.

In light of the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic, the usual 24:24 grading program is not in operation as before, when Australian state borders where open for instance.

It means that  El Pres can't catch domestic flights to Sydney to grade stock like he used to. However, some 24:24 listings are currently graded.

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

Thank you dude, Just to make sure I understood, are colors related to the level of quality?  And if it so, what does the red color indicate ?! And what is the other colors we have here?

1 minute ago, Haitham Almuzayan said:

Thank you dude, Just to make sure I understood, are colors related to the level of quality?  And if it so, what does the red color indicate ?! And what is the other colors we have here?

Yes in general. Quality goes PSP (highest), HQ (next highest), and then I don't know if there is another level, I think there might be but I haven't seen it on 24:24 sales recently.

Generally red is PSP, and orange is HQ. But I've seen it mentioned that it can be any colour sticker that is handy at the time.

When up for sale on the 24:24 thread it'll be either:

clearance, low price but no guarantee of HQ, PSP.

or HQ/PSP (luck of the draw whether you get HQ or PSP)

or PSP only (definitely PSP).

1 minute ago, Bijan said:

Yes in general. Quality goes PSP (highest), HQ (next highest), and then I don't know if there is another level, I think there might be but I haven't seen it on 24:24 sales recently.

Premium Economy (PE)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Generally red is PSP, and orange is HQ. But I've seen it mentioned that it can be any colour sticker that is handy at the time.

When up for sale on the 24:24 thread it'll be either:

clearance, low price but no guarantee of HQ, PSP.

or HQ/PSP (luck of the draw whether you get HQ or PSP)

or PSP only (definitely PSP).

Thank you my friend ?

On 8/19/2020 at 8:10 PM, JohnS said:

In light of the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic, the usual 24:24 grading program is not in operation as before, when Australian state borders where open for instance.

It means that  El Pres can't catch domestic flights to Sydney to grade stock like he used to. However, some 24:24 listings are currently graded.

So why did he have to fly to Sydney to grade stock? Is that where the warehouse is located?

Ok so after a day of having some CC in hand I am 110% all in.  My wife hasn’t complained about the way I smell.  Not one bit!!!  She seriously sat across from me while smoking it and never said one word. Now at what point do I tell her its a CC and not let her know how much I spent on them!? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cjake75 said:

Ok so after a day of having some CC in hand I am 110% all in.  My wife hasn’t complained about the way I smell.  Not one bit!!!  She seriously sat across from me while smoking it and never said one word. Now at what point do I tell her its a CC and not let her know how much I spent on them!? 

A divorce may be cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Cjake75 said:

Now at what point do I tell her its a CC and not let her know how much I spent on them!? 

Just tell her they were on sale on the web and you got a great deal.

That's what my wife says anytime a box of clothes she ordered online shows up in the mail :)

The frequency of her deliveries is probably why I don't get any complaints whenever my recent orders showed up. I'm guessing if she knew how much I actually spent though...

29 minutes ago, Cjake75 said:

She seriously sat across from me while smoking it and never said one word.

You're lucky! If my wife sees me smoke she'lI usually say I smell like an ash tray. If she doesn't actually see me smoke she can never tell though :)

• Like 1