Your latest CC Purchase?

26 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I remember when this run of dark, uber-oily Dip 2’s hit 24:24....still have more than half my box of TOS Feb 17’s, samplings so far have been excellent. Enjoy!

That's good to hear. I have only had one example of a Dip 2 ever, but when I saw these come up a few years ago I figured why not. Will be sampling shortly after a little rest from the travel. Cheers!

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

16 hours ago, Bijan said:

Monte 1 (unfortunately one cracked wrapper) and HdM du depute.

20201012_195236.jpg

20201012_195246.jpg

20201012_195336.jpg

20201012_195839.jpg

Minor crack on wrapper is still better than puffing asbestos cigars and getting box filled with duds @Bijan. Had a same experience with Montecristo 1935 Dumas but worse crack from foot mate ?.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

Did you inform the vendor ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did! I'll see what they say.

Edit: it wasn't a sealed box so they should have seen it assuming it didn't happen in transit.

10 hours ago, Bijan said:

Thanks. Yes it wasn't too bad. But more damage as it stuck to its neighbor on the way out. But it's smoking fine right now as we speak, so all is well.

20201013_105152.jpg

Fortunately the wrapper is mostly for appearance (contributes a small amount to flavor), and a tear rarely causes issues for burning until it reaches the bad spot. Usually a touch up is all that’s needed to get past. Glad it’s smokable and you’re enjoying!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

Ppl say this and I’m always baffled lol I order cigars and I think about them everyday until they arrive ...whether it’s 1 box or 10

Same. I enter any tracking numbers in the Canada Post app and refresh each morning.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AJS said:

First delivery in a long while. Dip 2 (TOS MAR 17) called home from the locker.

Blimey they are dark! Please post a note when you fire one up. Would be interesting to hear what they are like.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Ppl say this and I’m always baffled lol I order cigars and I think about them everyday until they arrive ...whether it’s 1 box or 10

Did you inform the vendor ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What can I say, I have a short attention span I guess

• Like 1

Just now, GVan said:

Going to smoke one out of the ELU box ROTT tonight to get a first impression!!  Probably a bad idea for my first RyJ MF ever ...

I actually find that ROTT is better than the next few days or couple of weeks. My theory is that if the humidity is off, it doesn't absorb or dissipate at the same rate from wrapper/binder/filler and so it ends uneven before it reaches steady state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grady said:

Samplers arrived today, odd green mark on one of the Trinis but I'm not gonna sweat it, here they sit in the tray where they'll lay till Christmas comes ...

IMG_5764.jpg

The green is normal/common, it’s just the chlorophyll popping up when that leaf got dried, was probably dried improperly.  You’ll see it plenty.  Don’t stress on it, it’s not mold or anything bad.

Just now, mprach024 said:

The green is normal/common, it’s just the chlorophyll popping up when that leaf got dried, was probably dried improperly.  You’ll see it plenty.  Don’t stress on it, it’s not mold or anything bad.

Cheers, figured as much, no stress here.  :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benfica_77 said:

Thank you for the prize winnings El Prez! 3 cigars I have yet to try the Bolivar Silver Jubilee HK RE, The Partagas E2 and I believe the last one is the RyJ Exhibicion NO.4 if someone could please confirm. As a lover of the robusto vitola excited to try this one... I believe after this I only have the Choix Supreme left to have tried all the regular production robustos. Cheers! 

PXL_20201014_185640157.jpg.bd8ed16d56dfae5a28f22a7af1db30a7.jpg

Technically ex no 4 and choix suprême are Hermosos no. 4 not robustos ?

• Like 2