Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

49 minutes ago, cgoodrich said:

Latest arrival via BondRoberts Auction. PL Picadores OTL April 2016. Any feedback on the OTL factory greatly appreciated.

Not familiar with OTL, but I’ve got EDT Jun 16, and all I can say is it’s taking forever for them to turn into anything worthy of the name. I finally tasted some bits of caramel on my last sample a few months ago.

53 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

A left hander and a right hander. Both smell amazing.

B4C0902D-8E6D-4714-ABB6-5E003F1314D4.jpeg.7fcfdc17e067960c16ef4537e8d25a43.jpeg

5F2D2E50-4069-4847-BEB0-62121EBA208A.jpeg.db6e978f5e2335881faffb8018765ba7.jpeg

I received a box a few days ago too!  Anxious to try them once they settle a bit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Not familiar with OTL, but I’ve got EDT Jun 16, and all I can say is it’s taking forever for them to turn into anything worthy of the name. I finally tasted some bits of caramel on my last sample a few months ago.

Haven’t tried yet, but plan to this weekend and will post a review.

5 minutes ago, TheDentite said:

First ever box of sir winnies just landed. They smell amazing, but notices a square look to them. Is this normal for a cigar of this caliber?

Usually a question of packaging and not caliber. Almost expected for dress boxes (except figurados), never on slide lid boxes. This is a fancy boite nature/cabinet so not really expected. I'll let others with more experience with this particular cigar chime in with how often it is box pressed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ReturnFreeRisk said:

Will the 5 yrs I so kindly got on these benefit greatly?? I ask mainly because of them being machine mades

Haven't been machine made since 2002. They are handmade but are short filler however vs the other Fonsecas being long filler. Don't have much experience with short filler aging (or that much with long filler aging actually), but tobacco is tobacco :) So some fermenting and development must go on I imagine.

• Like 1

Haven't been machine made since 2002. They are handmade but are short filler however vs the other Fonsecas being long filler. Don't have much experience with short filler aging (or that much with long filler aging actually), but tobacco is tobacco  So some fermenting and development must go on I imagine.

Thanks for that pleasant surprise clarification!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Usually a question of packaging and not caliber. Almost expected for dress boxes (except figurados), never on slide lid boxes. This is a fancy boite nature/cabinet so not really expected. I'll let others with more experience with this particular cigar chime in with how often it is box pressed.

I concur, this is definitely not expected for a varnished cabinet.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheDentite said:
First ever box of sir winnies just landed. They smell amazing, but notices a square look to them. Is this normal for a cigar of this caliber?
B8208066-F5C7-4084-A344-23231D310A15.jpeg.da2dc19098599beb7ef0c63c1a4126bd.jpeg

Seems strange for a Sir Winnie to look like that from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TheDentite said:

B8208066-F5C7-4084-A344-23231D310A15.jpeg

I’ve owned about 10 boxes of Sir Winnies over the years. Never seen this. Maybe they screwed up in the box dimensions went they made the box? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I’ve owned about 10 boxes of Sir Winnies over the years. Never seen this. Maybe they screwed up in the box dimensions went they made the box? 

Or possibly it's what you least wish for...somebody has substituted the real thing (i.e. cigars) into a genuine cabinet. (The) Only way to find out is to smoke one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, TheDentite said:

I haven't seen box pressed Winnies before. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, TheDentite said:

Some more pics.. the middle 6-7 are squarish the outer ones have a rounder appearance to them. Haven’t inspected the lower half yet

Maybe just Cuba being Cuba then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDentite said:

Mine are not square.  Perhaps this roller was just a bit heavy handed, the extra couple rolls made them thick enough to be squeezed square one the box.  Grasping at straws, never seen that before.

7 hours ago, TheDentite said:

This looks like a shipment issue. Box has likely been squeezed. Also, as only the central section appears to be affected. Did they perhaps come heavily vacuumized? Been in transit for an extended period?

Edit: Check for wrapper defects and consider returning.

Neither of my 2 boxes exhibit box pressing at all, not to say it’s not possible. I suppose a reputable source figures heavily into the equation. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fugu said:

This looks like a shipment issue. Box has likely been squeezed. Also, as only the central section appears to be affected. Did they perhaps come heavily vacuumized? Been in transit for an extended period?

Edit: Check for wrapper defects and consider returning.

Yes and yes.. but the box seemed sturdy enough that a tight seal wouldn’t effect the shape of the cigars..?