Your latest CC Purchase?

5 hours ago, TheDentite said:

Yes and yes.. but the box seemed sturdy enough that a tight seal wouldn’t effect the shape of the cigars..?

Bingo!

The top board of the lid will have bent inward. ... and that for some time.

• Like 1

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

10 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Bingo!

The top board of the lid will have bent inward. ... and that for some time.

Yeah, looking at the last photos, I think you nailed it. Let this be lesson kiddos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islandboy said:

Yeah, looking at the last photos, I think you nailed it. Let this be lesson kiddos.

Yep, seen it a few times happen in dress boxes, but it needs a serious overdoing to provoke it in a winney’s box.

Even when specifically asking for shipping non-vacuumized, some staff seem to act like - well, I got the power, let me see what I can do for you ... ?

This looks like a shipment issue. Box has likely been squeezed. Also, as only the central section appears to be affected. Did they perhaps come heavily vacuumized? Been in transit for an extended period?
Edit: Check for wrapper defects and consider returning.

I was going to say this too, but thought man you would need some serious vacuuming to bend the sw box, unlike a dress box.
And I agree with@FUGU I would send them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Bri Fi said:

@CampDelta369 are they really that dark??

I don’t believe so. I shot that in my warehouse under the sky light on a sunny day but that’s Still not a lot of ambient light for that. With that being said I have seen most of the Short du Punch posted on 24:24 definitely of the darker wrapper variety.

15 hours ago, Vitola Corleone said:

Nice cracked wrapper on the first one, but was no worse for the wear with some wrapper glue and a punch cut 

1735B92E-CCBE-4641-B897-EEA5C51B72A3.jpeg

Very nice! I picked up a box of Magícos, MOL MAR19. Haven’t tried yet, let me know your review if you smoke one. Enjoy!

13 hours ago, Hoepssa said:

It's shipment issue, low air pressure.

it was in March 2017 I bought 2 boxes of RA Robustos XXL from Brussels, I put most of my cigars in cabin luggage, only this one with me as hand luggage,

after 13 hours they became box pressed Habanos.  I have 6 boxes and 2 left, this box pressed XXL is by far the best ?.

P1260965.JPG

Been following this discussion, and your explanation is the most reasonable I’ve seen. Used to travel for a living and had my tool cases so compressed from pressure change when landing I would need a screwdriver to pry open the cases.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cgoodrich said:

Very nice! I picked up a box of Magícos, MOL MAR19. Haven’t tried yet, let me know your review if you smoke one. Enjoy!

I did, had one with a buddy. Very nice, creamy and nutty - kind of roasted mixed nuts. Construction was good too, densely packed but perfect draw. My first box of LFDC but won't be my last. 

Mine are OCT 19, so I bet yours are ready to roll if they've had some down time since you got them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vitola Corleone said:

I did, had one with a buddy. Very nice, creamy and nutty - kind of roasted mixed nuts. Construction was good too, densely packed but perfect draw. My first box of LFDC but won't be my last. 

Mine are OCT 19, so I bet yours are ready to roll if they've had some down time since you got them. 

I had one last week with two forum friends and we all thought they were fantastic. Like a Hoyo with a little more kick and definitely mixed roasted nuts (same descriptor I used) addition that isn’t typically found on a Hoyo. Certainly not too young to be enjoyed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1