Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

10 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I havnt seen this shade on a punch before but I read darker wrappers are preferred on PDC’s! 

I’ll be honest, I’ve loved nearly all my PDCs.  Sure you’ll get the odd few sticks in every box that are wood dominate and kinda boring, but for the most part I’ve always REALLY enjoyed these and their complexity.  I know there’s lot of guys who love em here, but I still felt they were underrated.  Nice score you got there.  Those look delicious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Bri Fi said:

@Rhinoww are all the hidden serial numbers in the cuban seal rubbed off? Usually they are poorly done and you can piece them together. 

I’ll take a look. I honestly have never checked the serial numbers successfully tried it once, didn’t work, and have just limited myself to well know suppliers. Does the verification also give the box code?

@Rhinoww I don’t remember what the info comes up with cause I haven’t bought outside of FOH in over a year and a half so there hasn’t been a need to check authenticity. I attached a link to look up the serial number on the Habanos SA website.

http://www.habanos.com/en/verificacion-de-autenticidad/?age-verified=5edb286595

Here is a YouTube video of how to find the hidden serial numbers. I loved me some dr joe when I first got into cigars. 

hope this helps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mprach024 said:

I’ll be honest, I’ve loved nearly all my PDCs.  Sure you’ll get the odd few sticks in every box that are wood dominate and kinda boring, but for the most part I’ve always REALLY enjoyed these and their complexity.  I know there’s lot of guys who love em here, but I still felt they were underrated.  Nice score you got there.  Those look delicious.

Thanks man!! I’m really excited for this box. It seems like it’s one of those regular production cigars that regularly get in that 95+ range! How long would you rest them before testing the box out? 

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Thanks man!! I’m really excited for this box. It seems like it’s one of those regular production cigars that regularly get in that 95+ range! How long would you rest them before testing the box out? 

PDCs got legs and can go for a decade, I’d start sampling after your 90. Smoke a couple over the year, repeat next year, watch the transformation.  I think they are mighty fine young but they are definitely one that you can see the benefit with age.  Hey if they are lights out after 90, smoke away and buy some more ?.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bri Fi said:

@Rhinoww I don’t remember what the info comes up with cause I haven’t bought outside of FOH in over a year and a half so there hasn’t been a need to check authenticity. I attached a link to look up the serial number on the Habanos SA website.

http://www.habanos.com/en/verificacion-de-autenticidad/?age-verified=5edb286595

Here is a YouTube video of how to find the hidden serial numbers. I loved me some dr joe when I first got into cigars. 

hope this helps. 

So I learned about a few more places where the serial number is located in the seal. Thanks!  Unfortunately the original dealer in this box also had a fine hand with a small tool and removed those numbers. I am not concerned about authenticity given my source, but would like to know box code. I have asked for the box code as they must track it separately in their inventory system. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, LLC said:

I picked up two boxes with the same code back in the good old days (March 2020 emoji23.png) but haven’t cracked one of those yet. The LGR JUL 18 box I’m currently smoking has been very good. Post up how they are when you have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do. I have an unwritten rule that a box needs to sit in my humidor for a year before digging in, but most likely will get the urge and light one up around Christmas.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 12:14 PM, Rhinoww said:

Does the verification also give the box code?

To my knowledge it does not.

Just marca, vitola and box type (25 dress box, 50 slide lid box, etc.).

15 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

I have asked for the box code as they must track it separately in their inventory system. 

I am curious as the box has no box code, how the vendor should have tracked the box code? I mean perhaps they track per maste rcase, but is it the case that all master cases have a single box code? I genuinely don't know.

Edit: This also assumes the vendor received them as a full case, which is also not certain.

@X-Man, thank you for listing your latest acquisition. I applaud you as the 2017 Sancho Panza Gran Quixote Belux Regional Edition is a fine cigar (even if it was released late in 2018), but I am astounded that you've picked up boxes with 2020 box codes! All I can say is...wow! ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnS said:

@X-Man, thank you for listing your latest acquisition. I applaud you as the 2017 Sancho Panza Gran Quixote Belux Regional Edition is a fine cigar (even if it was released late in 2018), but I am astounded that you've picked up boxes with 2020 box codes! All I can say is...wow! ?

Guess it takes Cuba a long time to roll a 100k sticks of these. ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ They sure smell nice tho.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GVan said:

I would not overpay for these - IMHO at $4.60 per stick these are a real value and I would recommend them to anyone.

That is a very low price for these (RGPC). They're usually closer to $6. The Perlas are usually that price and can be as low as $4.

22 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Took a chance on some 2016 Mag 46 tubos to accompany my latest purchase, glad I did - they all appear to be well-stored and of great quality.

844B206C-E5F7-4EC7-8397-A8F6D0B0FFEF.jpeg.5291f3785d8b98ea804b1f358b6e84a7.jpeg

6BB25DE4-76AC-488F-B93E-BFC0F4A30B64.jpeg.df59b74ed911f3f2ebb36c59c32b0399.jpeg

How’s your experience with tubos ? I bought a carton with 15 tubos epi 2 with 4 years of age, not sure if they were not taken care of but they were harsh and burnt quickly, I’ve let them rest 3 months and revisited and it was in a better shape but lacked flavor 

ill revisit in 6-9 months 

24 minutes ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:

How’s your experience with tubos ? I bought a carton with 15 tubos epi 2 with 4 years of age, not sure if they were not taken care of but they were harsh and burnt quickly, I’ve let them rest 3 months and revisited and it was in a better shape but lacked flavor 

ill revisit in 6-9 months 

Yeah, tubos have been a bit of a mixed bag for me, but they’re just so handy to grab & go. In my experience, the more full-flavored cigars seem to do better in tubos, but I do think tubos are meant to be more of a long-term storage option, as flavors seem to take longer to develop. Not sure if this because the fermentation process is slowed, but it kind of makes sense being they’re not exposed to oxygen the way other storage methods allow. One notable exception are Siglo VI’s, they’ve all been quite rich tasting even young.

These Mag 46’s definitely have a different aroma at cold than my boxed sticks, I may have to let them sit a few more years. 

• Like 2