Your latest CC Purchase?

On 11/14/2020 at 10:13 PM, mprach024 said:

PDCs got legs and can go for a decade, I’d start sampling after your 90. Smoke a couple over the year, repeat next year, watch the transformation.  I think they are mighty fine young but they are definitely one that you can see the benefit with age.  Hey if they are lights out after 90, smoke away and buy some more ?.

I still have 5 left from 99. Gifted one a few months ago and they said was excellent. I haven't had one in a few years. 

• Like 1

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

On 11/16/2020 at 12:51 AM, Bijan said:

To my knowledge it does not.

Just marca, vitola and box type (25 dress box, 50 slide lid box, etc.).

I am curious as the box has no box code, how the vendor should have tracked the box code? I mean perhaps they track per maste rcase, but is it the case that all master cases have a single box code? I genuinely don't know.

Edit: This also assumes the vendor received them as a full case, which is also not certain.

I have yet to get a response from the vendor. Not sure of their inventory control in or out or if the box I received was logged in any way (presumably yes given that they are a large well established vendor). Will see if I get a follow up response. For now, I will assume they are roughly six months old to be safe. 

On 11/12/2020 at 6:55 AM, Kaptain Karl said:

The avalanche of shipments continue! The Connie 1’s are the dreaded ‘18 BRE’s. However these look really good with a beautiful wrapper and aroma. Hopefully these end up performing much better than my last box of ‘18 BRE’s. 

34A8EAC7-79FB-4CF1-BC64-A630542742A9.jpeg

That looks like the order from October 19th 24:24? I did the same 6 pack of 54 and 5 pack of III's. 

How do your wrappers look on those Sig III's? PM me if you prefer. 

4 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

That looks like the order from October 19th 24:24? I did the same 6 pack of 54 and 5 pack of III's. 

How do your wrappers look on those Sig III's? PM me if you prefer. 

They’re definitely some of the worst wrappers I have. I should take em out and take a pic. 

• Like 1

I'm afraid the wrappers are so bad my camera would break in pain. 

I can't believe they were wrapped around a Cohiba branded cigar. Worst wrappers of any cigar I purchased. (but maybe they'll turn out ok). 

I purchased a fiver pack earlier this year, and they were nicer. Just picked up 6 tubos from 24:24 (last week?) ... they haven't been shipped yet, but I think they are MAR code. 

36 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

So two of you got bad IIIs? I guess I dodged that bullet ...smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won’t pass judgement until I smoke one! But yeah the wrappers are rough. 

I'll just chalk it up to "clearance" cigars, which they were labeled as. 

Unfortunately cohiba should not be clearance. Especially the price you pay. IMO they should be the best wrappers coming out of cuba.
Mind you I got some sig 2 a while back that had some terrible looking wrappers. They smoke fine however which is most important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I bet these Sig III's smoke fine. (at least I hope so). 

but I've never had a "emeraldo" wrapper before. :)

Green cigars used to be the norm for the US market, still a few around in NCs:

47 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

mehhh they look fine.....i was expecting far worse lol ......im sure they will be delicious.....i will say however, i do think there is no excuse for cohiba not to be perfect given the price...its ashame but thats the gamble we take even with ultra premium brands

Haha that picture is a bit like that Realtor headshot from the early 90’s that is still use on their card today. They look better in the pic than in person. Apparently I found the perfect lighting in my house ?. The one on the right is not good, the other 4 are fine. But I agree...but that is the risk and the charm about CC’s. You just don’t know which one is going to be that magical experience! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1