Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

10 minutes ago, chuckpnoy said:

Connie 1's came in today.  These were from the 11/8,  24:24.  I thought the box code shown that day was  BRE DIC 19 and not the dreaded BRE 18 codes.  It was probably me seeing things, but can anyone confirm?

It was indeed BRE DIC 19 according to my notes, but that's just the most common code, not the code for all boxes.

I just got two boxes from the 11/3 24:24 that were listed as REG FEB 20, and I got MAR ABR 20, and UMR MAR 20.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chuckpnoy said:

Connie 1's came in today.  These were from the 11/8,  24:24.  I thought the box code shown that day was  BRE DIC 19 and not the dreaded BRE 18 codes.  It was probably me seeing things, but can anyone confirm?

That’s when “Mostly” is listed, it’s not all the same code, they list the code of the most recent or numerous of the lot. Same thing happened to me. I think these will be fine with some more rest, as I bought from that same order that you did and got the same box!

17 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

That’s when “Mostly” is listed, it’s not all the same code, they list the code of the most recent or numerous of the lot. Same thing happened to me. I think these will be fine with some more rest, as I bought from that same order that you did and got the same box!

I get the “Mostly” part and not all boxes will have that code.  Just didn’t expect it to be off a whole year, lol.  Anyways, after all the talk about avoiding 18 Connie 1s, I hope these dont have the same fate.  I’ll rest these for 4 months and hope for the best?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, chuckpnoy said:

I get the “Mostly” part and not all boxes will have that code.  Just didn’t expect it to be off a whole year, lol.  Anyways, after all the talk about avoiding 18 Connie 1s, I hope these dont have the same fate.  I’ll rest these for 4 months and hope for the best?

I’m gonna do the same with mine. @JohnS has the same code as us and it’s been a solid box for him! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kongelunden said:

These arrived on the doorstep today, kindly provided by our host ? They spent some weeks on the road so will need a bit of rest, however, I'm unsure whether the Famosos can be enjoyed young or need a longer rest !? 

Those look like perfect Famosos to me. Dark but not too dark. Apply the usual procedure: give them a few months’ rest then smoke one. If it’s great, carry on. If it’s not, or you think they would benefit from more time, put ‘em away.

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I’m gonna do the same with mine. @JohnS has the same code as us and it’s been a solid box for him! 

39 minutes ago, chuckpnoy said:

That’s promising?

Yes, this is true. I have a box of BRE Nov 18 box of H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1. 11 smoked thus far, 1 bad one and 1 average. The rest? Above average to excellent. This include 4 of them given to other experienced cigar enthusiasts who have concurred to how good their cigar smoked.

• Like 4