Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

1 minute ago, Bri Fi said:

LGR MAR 19. Interesting box. Didn’t have a cubanesque aroma when I opened the box and they seemed seriously underfilled. I could squish the stick Between my fingers pretty far on the majority. I’m hoping this is just because they were over humidified before shipping. Only thing not making me panic was that I had a seriously underfilled LGC 4 this past week and it still smoked amazing. Just had to smoke it slower. 

Everyone is different. I prefer underfilled to overfilled. Obviously I'd prefer perfectly filled, but like you said you can just smoke an underfilled cigar slower, and then the flavours are more or less ok, and you'll just get less smoke time out of the cigar. If overfilled past a certain point then a perfecdraw won't help and there'll be nothing else to do but hope it gets better resting over time or suffer through a tight draw that ruins the cigar for me.

Also everyone's luck is different. It seems despite my preferences, the universe only sends me tight/overfilled boxes and never loose/underfilled ones :)

Thankfully I don't get the overfilled boxes too often.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 5:11 PM, Rhinoww said:

So a first for me. Got a box w the serial number removed. Ok. That happens periodically even w the reputable resellers. 

But this box of PLMC has no box code?  That’s some quality control. 

cigars looked good though. Will let them rest for at least thirty before I try to age them by taste ?

3D15755F-C06F-445A-B192-594AC26E73FE.jpeg.412e7ac976d6cfdd9de0c427f7b22c31.jpg.b254cafdb6d1c69c81d619f58ed2cf00.jpg

6F019FAF-73E5-43B0-9D66-03643CF17275.jpeg.903c894610d94f400ec99e3b5dcb925f.jpg.71cc794b6f7a8ffe9dc09c24cf40bc7f.jpg

05E0B526-24CE-4C0A-B7D2-13D029272ED7.jpeg.b5d31f458c9ac9b5b91a1c27101ffdde.jpg.d309101bd11c68f98caec7e6f72cd321.jpg

Mystery solved for now(ish). Box was also missing the sellers inventory tag, but the warehouse confirms that all they have is December 2018, so that’ll be my story for my spreadsheet and I’m sticking to it. 

I have to say that I have been really enjoying the box of PLMC that I cracked open a few months ago now. 

11 hours ago, Bri Fi said:

@Lrabold89 you hit the aroma on the head. That barnyard funkiness is what I look to kick me in the nose every time I open a box. I was a little surprised. Thanks for the info

Box sounds like a dud. Send it back. I will say though, they may tighten up if they are currently over humidified, but the lack of aroma is a big red flag for me personally.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RDB said:

RAT is on fire!

@RDB I was just pondering to ask the question to the forum. I have several brands bearing that factory mark and wondered...

All That I have smell and look exquisite.

Inquiring minds await...

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

PSP Monte #2 from the Claro wrapper 24:24 listing. 
These look fantastic and have a great aroma. Down for a good nap they’ll go! 

80CB6019-FD88-4D7A-AB9D-BE449AD23969.jpeg

They look great!  Kicking myself for not grabbing some.  I got the PSP darker ones a few months ago.  Would love to see the difference.  I’ll be watching for reviews

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chuckpnoy said:

They look great!  Kicking myself for not grabbing some.  I got the PSP darker ones a few months ago.  Would love to see the difference.  I’ll be watching for reviews

I grabbed a 6er of the DARK RAT JUN PSP's that got in a month ago so I'll be able to do a comparison soon! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Heels82 said:

Just received these this morning.  Looks like @bkdash and I have the same box code (MTS JUN 20) and everything!  Nice oily wrapper for sure!  

Boli1.jpg.4148bd52d3645099cd38f49fea20f98a.jpg

Can’t wait to dive into these in a few months. Yours look gorgeous!

• Like 3