Recommended Posts

  • Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

Well helllooo beautiful 🤩🤩🤩

MTS ENE 21 Sir Winston. REG OCT 18 Siglo V. Picked up on vacation in Athens.

@gojira I'm kind of intrigued. Never heard a definitive answer about any secondary factory codes at any point.

From what I've heard of the 2017-2019 to 2020 codes:

"La Corona moves from LGR to RAT

El Laguito UAO>MAR

Partagas MSU>TUA

No word on Upmann yet"

 

Edit: I think Upmann has been discovered I just don't remember it.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bijan said:

@gojira I'm kind of intrigued. Never heard a definitive answer about any secondary factory codes at any point.

From what I've heard of the 2017-2019 to 2020 codes:

"La Corona moves from LGR to RAT

El Laguito UAO>MAR

Partagas MSU>TUA

No word on Upmann yet"

 

Edit: I think Upmann has been discovered I just don't remember it.

 

That's the information that I received from a friend some time ago. It might be inaccurate.

Upmann now is GEM.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, gojira said:

UEB is another Partagas factory code used in 17/18 if I'm not mistaken.

This one I'd heard. I just don't know if it's ever been 100% accepted that there are multiple codes for the 4 mother factories. Only the main code seems to be 100% accepted as belonging to that factory. The rest seem to have a level of conjecture to them.

For what's it's worth I think UEB -> SOU now :)

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bijan said:

This one I'd heard. I just don't know if it's ever been 100% accepted that there are multiple codes for the 4 mother factories. Only the main code seems to be 100% accepted as belonging to that factory. The rest seem to have a level of conjecture to them.

For what's it's worth I think UEB -> SOU now :)

 

 

I agree that only the main code has been 100% accepted so I might be wrong about the other ones. I have received a lot of information from different sources and should add everything into a complete list one day and then check my boxes and those of fellow collectors.

 

For example, LGC No.4 has been rolled at the Partagas factory for quite some time now (to my knowledge there hasn't any 19 production and I don't know if they have been rolled in 20).

2013 is MUR

2014 is ULA

2015 is ETP

My most recent box is ETP ABR 16

I know a guy who has a MSU MAR 18 box.

It would be interesting to see what else is out there to check the list of codes that I have.

 

The there are codes that I have been trying to figure out for some time now. PUR 16/17 is one of them. I have boxes of Lusi, Sig III and BCG with that code. I would love to know to which factory this code refers to. My guess is that it's a provincial factory.

 

Another weird code is LTO. I have seen BHK 52 boxes with that code (MAY and JUN 20) but the 2020 code for EL is MAR. Does this mean that another factory (with a code that I don't know) has rolled BHK 52s in May and June 2020 or has EL a second factory code? I haven't seen the LTO code on anything else so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gojira said:

I haven't seen the LTO code on anything else so far.

Here are a couple of other LTOs, part of the practically anything can be rolled anywhere trend :)

I think @El Presidente asked for Cohiba Talisman factory codes in a thread, I think I lost count around 10.

Edit: Here's that Talisman thread:

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Here are a couple of other LTOs, part of the practically anything can be rolled anywhere trend :)

I think @El Presidente asked for Cohiba Talisman facotry codes in a thread, I think I lost count around 10 or 20.

 

Interesting. I haven't been buying a lot of recent production lately so this code is new to me. This probably means that the BHK 52 is now rolled at another factory. Now that's new.

 

I remember the Talisman threat, I posted a pic of 4 boxes with different codes in it. I took it when I visited a big collector in Germany who had quite a few boxes. The Talisman is the most ridiculous EL ever to me but I have to admit that I bought a box and a single when it was released. EDIT: I posted that pic in another thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an LTO box of Rio Seco, but also 2 LTO boxes of Super Partagas. Nice to know my Super Partagas were rolled in the same factory as someone's Behike :)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

I've got BUP NOV 17 and they've been beautiful every time I've sparked one up. Other than that, nothingemoji846.png

Sent by spooky action at a distance
 

Yeah, that factory code doesn't seem to pop up often. But glad to hear yours are smoking well. Guess I'll see this summer. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

A couple more El Laguito E2's arrived from down under.  Lovely sticks.  Would smoke these almost everyday if I could. Love the difference in wrappers. 

IMG_2788.jpg.d9557df883187f7b1bd7ef4149d43b6a.jpg

That looks like a broken wrapper, darker shade box, stick 2nd from right...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:
A couple more El Laguito E2's arrived from down under.  Lovely sticks.  Would smoke these almost everyday if I could. Love the difference in wrappers.


Couldn’t agree with you more there brother .....the last one I smoked was so good, I just said screw it and put half a box of them in my dry box


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cgoodrich said:

That looks like a broken wrapper, darker shade box, stick 2nd from right...

You are correct sir ? but its ok, didn't break through to the binder.  They can't always be perfect, but I'm sure it'll still be enjoyable.  

19 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:


Couldn’t agree with you more there brother .....the last one I smoked was so good, I just said screw it and put half a box of them in my dry box emoji23.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! So good, even the not EL coded ones are excellent IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:


Couldn’t agree with you more there brother .....the last one I smoked was so good, I just said screw it and put half a box of them in my dry box emoji23.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could say the same, but the one I tried out of my 5-box was terrible; muted flavors and wouldn't stay lit despite dryboxing. That was a few months ago, so maybe time for a revisit.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
If I could smoke one cigar for the rest of my life, this would be it! 

Smoking one right now, and I may have to agree with you. Such a good cigar. Cohiba class and the ring gauge + length is just perfect.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.