Your latest CC Purchase?

15 hours ago, zuhaib said:

Siglo VI HQ from FOH.  They look pretty good

They look perfect to me. Some prefer darker wrappers, but those smooth, just under colorado beauties will be a gorgeous, slightly lighter-bodied smoke. Citrus, butter and grass... only Cohiba does that.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

8 hours ago, Lrabold89 said:

Maybe it’s just me,but your pictures don’t seem to post correctly a lot of times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because I use crapatalk a lot and I have some issues with it. I only can upload pics as an attachment through the app, never directly.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2021 at 5:07 PM, zuhaib said:

First are the QD50,  GLU April 2020 I got a few weeks back from FOH. Already smoked one with a few friends (We did it in a backyard, one is tested daily for his job, me and my other friend WFH and are low risk).  It was not bad, for sure needs a few months down to fully shine.

Next are some QD Senadores EL2019,  PTG Feb 2020.  Got it in a split from a discord channel I hang out in. Have not smoked any yet, I think some more time before I light one up.

The next are what I got today, Siglo VI HQ from FOH.  They look pretty good, i notice some small "dust", maybe mold? in one of the photos it looks like mold but it come off very easy.  For sure going to wait a few months, maybe try a few years.  I missed today 24:24 CoRo but I need to get more inventory so I can age more.

@zuhaib Not mold, it is called bloom. Natural process from aging.

Very nice acquisition you have there!!!

On 3/5/2021 at 7:22 AM, Goodfortune said:

FF308ABD-F29A-44EC-A5A1-7CA5DB4593E2.jpeg.621cb6512039638128b758ca3733f181.jpeg

@Goodfortune Wow! Very nice score!

18 hours ago, philipl said:

Came across this guy while going through a recent delivery of HQ Epi 1's. I'll smoke it last from the cab as my lucky cigar.

2021-03-03 17.31.44.jpg

@philipl I think the roller had their glasses on upside down. ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, cgoodrich said:

@zuhaib Not mold, it is called bloom. Natural process from aging.

Very nice acquisition you have there!!!

Bloom or plume do not exist. That's just my personal opinion though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cairo said:

I have many aged cigars (NCs)--some over a decade old--and have _never_ had "plume".

I have collected and smoked CC and NC over 30 years. I’ve encountered both plume and mold (mold only once when I was a newbie and finding my way...). It only happens sporadically, and not all cigars from the same box. Here is an article on the subject, and there are many more out there. I am a believer of plume/bloom, you can believe what you like.

(I hope this didn’t sound preachy...)

https://stogiepress.com/cigar-101-an-age-old-controversy-plume-vs-mold-by-mike-holmes/

22 minutes ago, cgoodrich said:

I have collected and smoked CC and NC over 30 years. I’ve encountered both plume and mold (mold only once when I was a newbie and finding my way...). It only happens sporadically, and not all cigars from the same box. Here is an article on the subject, and there are many more out there. I am a believer of plume/bloom, you can believe what you like.

Damn science always getting in the way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, xsquid said:
Plume or Bigfoot which is real.....you decide

Are you saying one of them is? That's a worry...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

3 hours ago, cgoodrich said:

(I hope this didn’t sound preachy...)

https://stogiepress.com/cigar-101-an-age-old-controversy-plume-vs-mold-by-mike-holmes/

That Stogie Press article didn't provide any facts that plume exists other than the author claiming it does. Am I missing something? Also, 69-73% RH sounds like a recipe for mold based on personal experience.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FireDigger said:

That Stogie Press article didn't provide any facts that plume exists other than the author claiming it does. Am I missing something? Also, 69-73% RH sounds like a recipe for mold based on personal experience.

Yup, other than discussing with industry leaders. But he states exactly what his motive is for the article and his thoughts. This was just one of many links I grabbed, perhaps with more time I would find a better suited article with peer review. For now, I’ll leave it to each of us to decide for one’s self.

Enjoy your next herf!

5 hours ago, Goodfortune said:

Super excited for this delivery!! Big thanks to the FOH team for this awesome prize for the Super Bowl review contest. The ashtray is so beautiful, I’m scared to get it dirty. Going to have to break it in this weekend with something top notch.

Congrats!!!

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 1:10 PM, Bri Fi said:

@StogieSteve23 now anytime I get a box of h upmann I always say “please don’t be BRE NOV 18” before turning the box over to check the code 

HAHA! Smoked one out of the NOV box other day just to give it a try and was very pleased.  It was slightly underfilled, but far better than being too packed in my opinion.  Easy to draw and nice nutty/creamy/slight floral flavors.

On 3/5/2021 at 7:37 AM, Devo said:

Steve - I received the same box today (BRE NOV 18).  It does look and smell amazing! I am going to smoke one ROTT tonight and see how it goes... I'll be in touch!  

@Devo what did you think? I smoked one and was pleasantly surprised.  

On 3/5/2021 at 11:46 PM, lovethehaze said:

Few picks ups this week 

Nice pickups B-Rad! Showing some heat there.