Your latest CC Purchase?

4 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

@Gamehawker I agree here.  The dark wrapper no 2s are so good right now.  They have a nice rich flavor.  Let them rest for 60-90 and do yourself a favor and try a couple before locking them down for years (maybe)

I respectfully disagree with you guys. 

I just had my last cigar from a box of H.Upmann No. 2 “LUB JUL 14” (I luckily have another full box with the same box code) and it was incredible. It was the best cigar I have smoked in the last year. I did not even start smoking from that box until they had at least 4 years of age on them.

So I know what I like and therefore I will not be touching my two boxes of these (I had gotten another box recently from FOH with the same box code) 😀.  If I am going to smoke an H.Upmann No. 2, I will smoke one from my box of 2014s or I also have a couple of boxes from “BRE NOV 17” & “BRE NOV 18” too. :cigar::cigar: :cigar:

• Like 1

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

39 minutes ago, Greenhorn2 said:

I've been wanting to try a party 898 but can't seem to get my hands on them. Are they anything close to a lucy?

I’ll probably muck the answer up, given my simplistic good/not good palate, but yes, I think they are close, but also different enough to not be the same at all. Both have typical Partagas trademark tastes, but 898 seems to be the most pungent of the Partagas line, it has more Cuban twang than nearly every other current production stick IMO. Lusi is a more refined Party, whereas 898 is serious barnyard Cuban.

Anyone else - feel free to add to this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I’ll probably muck the answer up, given my simplistic good/not good palate, but yes, I think they are close, but also different enough to not be the same at all. Both have typical Partagas trademark tastes, but 898 seems to be the most pungent of the Partagas line, it has more Cuban twang than nearly every other current production stick IMO. Lusi is a more refined Party, whereas 898 is serious barnyard Cuban.

Anyone else - feel free to add to this.

x2. That’s been my experience as well. The complexity of a Lusi but with more attitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2021 at 7:27 AM, lovethehaze said:

Nice! Have a ULA-JUL-15 BPC box myself, although it is nowhere near as pretty as those! 7/15 is my birthday so I try and grab any boxes I can with that code.  Finished a ULA-JUN-15 box not too long ago and it was delightful.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, lovethehaze said:

And these two amazing deliveries 🚚 came in as bombs 💣 from some overly generous BOTL; some gorgeous stuff here 

Damn nice scores here B-Rad! Fire CC's and some insane NC's there! 

On 5/2/2021 at 1:26 PM, Tstew75 said:

The holy grail of Partagas reg-prod, IMHO 🌟

1000% agree with you on this and that MAR Laguito code for the E2's has been incredible. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:30 PM, Theophilus said:

El Rey Del Mundo- Choix Supreme       LOS DIC 20’ 

Extremely underrated cigar here IMO.  Great looking box! 

On 5/6/2021 at 4:37 PM, Mrcpt said:

New kids on the block, can’t wait to try after a rest. PL Galanes RAT NOV 20. 

Definitely would love to hear some tasting notes when you get around to smoking one.  Enjoy! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Drguano said:

Lovely smelling Bolivar Royal Coronas from MUS NOV 18

I'm not normally a big fan of the box press but it works for me with BRC.  Those are some rectangular beauties!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

I'm not normally a big fan of the box press but it works for me with BRC.  Those are some rectangular beauties!

Does it (box pressed) make any difference for you except appearance? Thanks.

I personally find I can accept larger ring gauge when box pressed compared to round shape. For example, I find >48 RG too big for normal round shape but even 52 RG box press has proven to be fine. Have never compared same blend with more or less box pressed individual cigars though.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

I generally don't like the mouth feel of severely box pressed cigars (insert crude joke here) but I forgive the BRC maybe due to the size in general or to them being just tasty.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

I like the appearance of round cigars but I find box pressed cigars tend to have less draw problems (less often plugged).

• Thanks 1