Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

27 minutes ago, TheDentite said:

Wish I had this step by step yesterday!

Doesn’t it always seem that we find out the best method a day late. Now you’ll be set for the next cab…

On 9/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, HarveyBoulevard said:

I don’t impulse buy cigars. It is always part of a plan to build a stash of regular production cigars that I like with the appropriate number of boxes of each.

Somehow these slipped through. I don’t own any PL and have no plan to buy more. Not sure what happened…

I am looking forward to trying them though.

They're not indicative of the usual Por Larranaga flavour profile seemingly ever-present in the PL Petit Coronas and Montecarlos, and they would benefit from a little downtime in my view, but I'm confident you'll be glad you acquired these.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 1:26 PM, Webbo said:

Many thanks, my box seems low indeed then.🤔

FYI, I decided to weigh my cab for the hell of it and share the results.  

The 50 bundle with ribbon was 877g, or approx. 17.54g each.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm a little concerned now. Just weighed most of them and none are above 17g, the majority around 15/16g.  For reference I checked a 10 box of Lusis and all where almost identical at 17.7-18.0g. I also took a photo of the foot of one of the Lusis (18g) and the HDM (16g, on the right), there is a clear difference in packing. These where an expensive gift so I am wondering if I should reach out to the vendor or am I sweating the details unnecessarily.. What are the views ?

IMG_4788.jpg.d7ea59729dabcc71eddc59fde787ecdc.jpg

23 hours ago, TobaccoRoad said:

I'm liking the 10ers. Maximizing all the nooks and crannies in my tuppedores. The Monte PE's are from another source. The PSd4's and PsdP from FOH 24:24 Clearance. All nice looking boxes but FOH really distinguishes themselves with their excellent packaging. They really do the job right.

Same here. I use coolerdors and those 10 boxes help with filling in those odd gaps. 👍🏻

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

These where an expensive gift so I am wondering if I should reach out to the vendor or am I sweating the details unnecessarily.. What are the views ?

I think you always know in your gut what you want to do. 

I'm not sure if vendors can respond to underfilling (within reason), as it's very much factory error, as opposed to something they have done.   I would suggest contacting them, and expressing that you would be happy to pay a restocking fee, postage etc, but would it be possible to swap out for a correctly weighted box. 

You are right, a box like this is a big outlay, and you want it to be right.   I think as long as the vendor feels like you are being fair and genuine, there shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2021 at 4:19 AM, cgoodrich said:

@Kaptain Karl

A.) Remove lid, remove insert(s), B.) hold the outer paper together pointing up pinched between fingers, C.) lift up gently and it will slide the whole bundle up and out. If no bundle paper, then perform “A” only, invert the cab onto table/desk top while holding the bundle inside with a finger or two, slide fingers out with inverted cab now resting on flat surface, now gently lift cab off bundle.

Use the side of the cab to line up the bundle so it will slide back in without damaging the feet.

Reverse steps to re-insert. Easy

With picture instructions too!!! How did you know I was ADD? 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

With picture instructions too!!! How did you know I was ADD? 😂😂😂

Of course I didn’t know…

I’m so anal about things it drives my wife and son crazy. After taking these photos, I said to myself “It wasn’t good enough”. Almost shot more, then I said “Stop being so anal!” and posted as is. 😂

I’m a technical person by trade, so when I create instructions/procedures I always re-read over and over to make it perfect. When I’m finished wiring an electrical cabinet on a cnc machine I’m always complimented on the quality and tidiness. This time I calculated it would paint the correct picture and let it go.

Just wanted to help out a BOTL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm a little concerned now. Just weighed most of them and none are above 17g, the majority around 15/16g.  For reference I checked a 10 box of Lusis and all where almost identical at 17.7-18.0g. I also took a photo of the foot of one of the Lusis (18g) and the HDM (16g, on the right), there is a clear difference in packing. These where an expensive gift so I am wondering if I should reach out to the vendor or am I sweating the details unnecessarily.. What are the views ?

Depends on your personal preference and tolerance.

Also depends on if the underfilling is even or if there are squishy spots. If there are empty/squishy spots then you will not only have a windtunnel but the cigar may tunnel as well, making them close to unsmokeable, unless you squeeze/crush it and even then it's iffy.

• Like 2