Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

1 hour ago, hrs1 said:

Got lucky during the Cohiba restock last month.   Pleasantly surprised with El Laguito Siglo I & VI from our favorite hosts (MAR JUL 21 & MAR SEP 21, respectively).  Excited for the others too (Lanceros -  AMP AGO 21 & PEs - TUA SEP 21) 🥂

You are clearly very fast on sending emails ;)! It’s a nice feeling….I also recently bit on RAT Sig VIs on 24:24…got MAR. Lucky indeed, beautiful haul. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coug28 said:

You are clearly very fast on sending emails ;)! It’s a nice feeling….I also recently bit on RAT Sig VIs on 24:24…got MAR. Lucky indeed, beautiful haul. 

Congrats on the score as well!  I'm 0-fer every time Lusi's have popped up in the last couple months - definitely a nice feeling when you do hit :) Outside 24:24, it helps having small kids who wake up at ungodly times throughout the morning/evening to score some hard to find boxes ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hrs1 said:
Got lucky during the Cohiba restock last month.   Pleasantly surprised with El Laguito Siglo I & VI from our favorite hosts (MAR JUL 21 & MAR SEP 21, respectively).  Excited for the others too (Lanceros -  AMP AGO 21 & PEs - TUA SEP 21) 

I thought lanceros were only supposed to be rolled at laguito?? When did this change? As I seem to see all these 2021s in other factories. @johns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, havanaclub said:

I thought lanceros were only supposed to be rolled at laguito?? When did this change? As I seem to see all these 2021s in other factories. @johns

Took me a while to find one. But I think I found a non el laguito from 2007:

Edit: could be a typo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaclub said:

Once a upon a time, Trinidad used to be rolled exclusively there too. Don't rule out, due to the Covid-19 pandemic in Cuba, that production routines have had to change due to the impact of staff shortages to roll etc.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, hrs1 said:

Got lucky during the Cohiba restock last month.   Pleasantly surprised with El Laguito Siglo I & VI from our favorite hosts (MAR JUL 21 & MAR SEP 21, respectively).  Excited for the others too (Lanceros -  AMP AGO 21 & PEs - TUA SEP 21) 🥂

Congrats on the haul.

RPA?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Edicion said:

Nice ones. How long would you let them rest? 

Going to try and give them at least 3 years.  Then I'll try one and we'll go from there.  Of course as soon as I read a review with a similar box code that says "their smoking great right now"' I'll probably pull one.

9 minutes ago, Nino said:

John, once upon a time Trinidad were exclusively rolled at the Francisco Donatien factory in Pinar del Rio ( along with Vegueros production).

I believe that is still the case for the Fundadores but I might be mistaken.

It seems there are 2 pinar factories making Fundadores now:

Formerly ARS and MUP, and currently BSM and GLE.

• Like 4

On 1/9/2022 at 9:22 AM, GVan said:

Going to try and give them at least 3 years.  Then I'll try one and we'll go from there.  Of course as soon as I read a review with a similar box code that says "their smoking great right now"' I'll probably pull one.

Thanks. I've never tried these but I have a box too, I'm not sure if I should try one now or let them take a long nap. Might just give one a go... 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, superman0234 said:
Custom Alex, Papo, and HLP sampler.  Ive read these were rolled in 2019 or 2018, but no way to confirm.  They smell amazing 

I got the same sampler.... Have tried the 60, 109, and MJ23 so far.... Flavor has been excellent but I did have relight issues on the MJ... Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eg133 said:

I got the same sampler.... Have tried the 60, 109, and MJ23 so far.... Flavor has been excellent but I did have relight issues on the MJ... Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Given the frigid weather here and the size of these, i don't see myself touching them till spring or summer but good to know i can look forward to em 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichG said:
Some recent boxes. Note the drastic color difference between the PSP D4's from FoH and the 10 box from elsewhere. The small box is part of my plan not to break into larger boxes of D4...ever! 
While the Montes have a 2019 date they have a hint of ammonia to them, so I expect they will require extended sleep. 
Alex canonazos I grabbed a little while back. All recent debates notwithstanding, they seem well constructed and have a deep barnyard and cocoa aroma. I look forward to giving them a go in the Spring.

Bet those lighter D4 smoke better

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Was in Estonia beginning of Dec. So went shopping. These were all lacking in my humidor.

I have been eyeballing Cuabas for a while now. Draw issues?