Your latest CC Purchase?

5 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

That’s a perfect wrapper for the jl2..I would be very happy with that ! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you mate. I’m going to let them sit for at least 1 month then try them out. I still have my example of recent production from the Xmas sampler to have yet, which has a noticeably darker wrapper. So it shall be great to compare the differences.

• Like 2

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

22 hours ago, therealrsr said:

Have some concerns with these.  Same dates and codes, GEL OCT 20.  Consensus seems to be GEL is provincial.  They were inspected and the lids would not close.  Looked closer and they are plump, firm and stuffed in the box.  Big variance in wrappers but credit to the sorter at GEL.  Thinking will be long haul boxes even though 2020.

I have a box of Partagas D4 GEL MAY 21 I got in last month. I haven't tried them. They're very nice looking cigars with beautiful and uniform wrappers! That said, a few of the bands were put on haphazardly. Two sticks in particular have loose bands. So loose that when they were jammed in the box the slack of the loose band got folded up under the cigars. 

Your boxes look nice. Probably shipped too wet it seems?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williamthewolf said:

I have a box of Partagas D4 GEL MAY 21 I got in last month. I haven't tried them. They're very nice looking cigars with beautiful and uniform wrappers! That said, a few of the bands were put on haphazardly. Two sticks in particular have loose bands. So loose that when they were jammed in the box the slack of the loose band got folded up under the cigars. 

Your boxes look nice. Probably shipped too wet it seems?

yes they seem rather full... I could't even put the 65rh Boveda in the box and close it.. 

1 hour ago, therealrsr said:

It is the most likely answer.  It is a big player with whom I have a pretty good history.  I did have one no show with them, but it was handled as expected.  Came in vac w\ small 69 boveda.  Not upset per se and definitely not with them, I figure it is the nature of the beast.  Honestly I think GEL's rollers were a touch heavy.  Once they settle I will weigh some and compare to other stock.  They look and smell good for sure.

yup... pure Barnyard... :) 

probably won't touch these until May at least as they will be a year old... I will dry box for more than a few days when I do..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

It's my bday & I might've gone overboard

No way is that overboard, you only have 1 birthday a year, and only 1 life to live! Happy Birthday!!! 🥳 

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 9:59 AM, therealrsr said:

Have some concerns with these.  Same dates and codes, GEL OCT 20.  Consensus seems to be GEL is provincial.  They were inspected and the lids would not close.  Looked closer and they are plump, firm and stuffed in the box.  Big variance in wrappers but credit to the sorter at GEL.  Thinking will be long haul boxes even though 2020.

Just received the same box code, the lid also does not close although I inspected the cigars and they do seem well rolled. Couldn't find any that seemed obviously plugged. 

• Like 1